British Speedway Forum

Torun GP 2nd - 3rd October

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I said before the series started that I didn’t agree with 75% of the rounds being in one country, even taking into account the circumstances of the world and that all the riders ride there anyway as I keep getting told. No surprise that a rider from that country has won it. As deserved as it was the whole thing has a bit of a hollow feel to it for me. 

Absolutely agree. Not a proper GP series by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Any way now that's out of the way, How's Donnie doing ???

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I said before the series started that I didn’t agree with 75% of the rounds being in one country, even taking into account the circumstances of the world and that all the riders ride there anyway as I keep getting told. No surprise that a rider from that country has won it. As deserved as it was the whole thing has a bit of a hollow feel to it for me. 

Of course, from 1936-1994, 100% of the rounds were held in one country!

• Like 2

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Depends if you believe what the doctors have been told to say or what the press pool were told by a reliable source. :D

The only reliable sauce is HP Fruity Sauce

9 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Well done Bartoz, well deserved winner, also like to say not just tonight but well done to polish speedway for showing the rest of the world it’s needs to man up and get on with life 

Oh come on, that's not the Poole - sorry, BRITISH way; if we're not successful, it's the responsibility of the others to come down to OUR level, not that we have to put in some effort... :party:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, full-throttle said:

Apart from Prague I think we have been treated to some good GP races, 

If you don't like it then spend some money and buy a TV with an ON/OFF button and use it.

That’s not a proper reply. We all want a good GP series but this year has stunk. There has been some good heats but outweighed by tons of utter rubbish.

2020 will not view viewed as a classic series by any stretch. Awful.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Well done Bartoz, well deserved winner, also like to say not just tonight but well done to polish speedway for showing the rest of the world it’s needs to man up and get on with life 

If we can watch local football, which we do, we can go to speedway meetings 

The only reason we don't go to speedway is we have a caring government who are afraid we'll get dust in our eyes

2 minutes ago, chunky said:

Oh come on, that's not the Poole - sorry, BRITISH way; if we're not successful, it's the responsibility of the others to come down to OUR level, not that we have to put in some effort... :party:

I was taking about fans in stadium 

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

When we demanded the World Final at Wembley every year, was that any different? Other than the fact that we weren't good enough to win on home soil? B)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

If you don't like it then spend some money and buy a TV with an ON/OFF button and use it.

Spot on..

Tremendous entertainment.. 

I hope Eurosport can deliver the interest that the sport at this level deserves..

When done well, (and properly), this sport has few peers for raw 'wow factor/take your breath away' entertainment..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chunky said:

When we demanded the World Final at Wembley every year, was that any different? Other than the fact that we weren't good enough to win on home soil? B)

It was regarded as the 'spiritual home' and Fundin himself said it should have been there every year

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

Some of these people would need lessons to use it. Having sand in your ** is so much easier... :t: