British Speedway Forum

Wroclaw GP`s 1 and 2 Friday and Saturday 28th and 29th August

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I actually think the points are easier for non fans now.

The heats are qualifiers. Simple. The same as heats in the olympic athletics. Qualifiers. The fastest athletes don't even extert themselves if they are safely through.

Qualifiers. Semi finals. Final. Surely that is easier for the layman, who won't be filling out detailed scorecards and counting every point.

As I said, I don't like it, but I agree 100%.

Neither do their times and performances in the qualifying rounds count either. And nobody bitches about that...

Reading this forum, it's like people claim to be speedway fans, yet are constantly looking for reasons NOT to be.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Shockster said:

Sick of the moaning about the scoring.  

The riders know the rules.  Get over it.  The meeting was great, what more do you want. FFS. 

Every heat to be important towards the main goal, the title. Like it was last year.

Someone will always want to win on the night. A rider not wanting to win don't mean the meeting won't be any good. If you really want to make every rider wanting to win every GP, double the winners prize money. The scoring was perfect, now its rubbish.

11 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Anlas tires are softer than Mitas. 

But FIM are reluctant to ban the Anlas tires due to their sponsorship. The FIM want to test the tires in a laboratory which could take 2-3 months.

Zmarzlik and other riders are very unhappy as they cannot use Anlas tires due to sponsorship. Anlas tires have also been sold out because Wroclaw's team have bought them all up.

You can only use FIM homologated tires in FIM meetings and Anlas tire is homologated. IT HAS TO BE.

Edited by f-s-p

7 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

You can only use FIM homologated tires in FIM meetings and Anlas tire is homologated. IT HAS TO BE.

I agree with your thinking.

Anlas tyres should not be banned. Anlas have bene offering tyres for a long time and not many riders have opted for them.

Artem Laguta and Magic's mechanical team have obviously spotted an advantage. 

Other riders should have been paying attention.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan
  • Like 1

Just now, KeirStarmerFan said:

I agree with your thinking.

Anlas tires should not be banned. Anlas have bene offering tires for a long time and not many riders have opted for them.

Artem Laguta and Magic's mechanical team have obviously spotted an advantage. 

Other riders should have been paying attention.

I wasn't thinking on this one. I was quoting the rulebook.

2 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Every heat to be important towards the principale goal, the title. Like it was last l'an.

Someone will always want to win on the nuit. A rider not wanting to win don't mean the meeting won't be tout good. If you really want to make chaque rider wanting to win every GP, double the winners prize money. The scoring was perfect, now its rubbish.

I'm not saying I like the new scoring?  You can't have want you want for this season, so embrace the new as we are stuck with it.  Let's argue about the points for next years series.  IMO last years scoring wasn't perfect, it was better but to me the final should be 5,3,2,1 if they all finish. Riders should get a point for getting to the final and the winner should be rewarded. 3,2,1,0 makes it just another race.

7 minutes ago, Shockster said:

I'm not saying I like the new scoring?  You can't have want you want for this season, so embrace the new as we are stuck with it.  Let's argue about the points for next years series.  IMO last years scoring wasn't perfect, it was better but to me the final should be 5,3,2,1 if they all finish. Riders should get a point for getting to the final and the winner should be rewarded. 3,2,1,0 makes it just another race.

Its just another race, which is good, but you had to be in the top 4 to get the chance to ride that "just another race". It was perfect, every heat counts and the better you rode, the more chances you had to score points.:)

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Then it’s their fault. They had the choice before the series started. If the Turkish tyre is better, they 5hit out. They had the choice.

Exactly. It openly available, why not have it in stock at the back of your van.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gingerbread said:

allegedly they signed 2-year sponsor deals with their tyre provider and they can't use others

No. They can’t change or they lose their sponsorship. Nothing to stop them changing. They always have the choice. Seems excuses from Zmarzlik.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3