British Speedway Forum

British Youth Championship

On 9/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, edmon said:

But it will be streamed live  :). Details will be available soon.

British-Youth-Championship.png

BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP

SATURDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER - 4:00PM

Coming up on Saturday 19th September, Armadale Stadium plays host to the British Youth Championship. You can watch the match LIVE online for just £5.00.

Details are now available on the live stream which can be found at this link https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2020-09-15/how-to-watch-british-youth-championship-round-4

Edited by edmon

1 hour ago, edmon said:
BRITISH YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP
SATURDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER - 4:00PM

Coming up on Saturday 19th September, Armadale Stadium plays host to the British Youth Championship. You can watch the match LIVE online for just £5.00.

Details: https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2020-09-15/how-to-watch-british-youth-championship-round-4

Having been to every round so far this year (with the exception of my local track Leicester, which was held behind closed doors), I can highly recommend this meeting. And by gum, they do get on with these meetings, signalling the 2 minute warning before the riders from the previous heat have even reached the back straight. I hope the timing of this meeting has not escaped the promotion / referee. They have 2 hours to avoid a clash with the GP.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Great to see Jason Crump and Steve Worrall at the BYC at Belle Vue.

Big thank you to both of them

Wish I could have been there. I had tickets which i'll get a refund for.  I am hearing that the event was filmed and will be available this week..

• Like 1

Saw several clips of finals enjoyed what I have seen,  like the look of the kid called Luke Harrison looked very good in the 250 final, even going into corners without putting his feet down !! One for the future, how old is he and where does he ride at ? Thanks for any info

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Saw several clips of finals enjoyed what I have seen,  like the look of the kid called Luke Harrison looked very good in the 250 final, even going into corners without putting his feet down !! One for the future, how old is he and where does he ride at ? Thanks for any info

Luke Harrision is 13 he is from scunthorpe. He is Wolverhampton mascot however hasn’t had chance to put the 250 round there yet due to some virus thing. He has ridden for Berwick in the junior league for 4 years and rides in as many practice and amateur events as possible.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Can anyone clear up my confusion over the 250cc Class?

according to SCB race sheets the results of the rounds were:

Scun  1  James  2  Harrison

Leic  1 Harrison  2  James

KL  1 Harrison  2  James

Edin  1 James  2 Vale  3 Harrison

BV  1 Harrison  2  James

Therefore the overall standings should read:

1 Harrison  16  18  18  (14)*  18  Total = 70

2 James     18  16  16  18  (16)*  Total = 68

* per SCB regs [15.6.3] the lowest scoring round is dropped and points are awarded 1st 18, 2nd 16, 3rd 14 etc.

Yet the match report of the final round says Harrison & James had a run-off for the title

Why, they weren't tied?

Edited by arnieg

On 12/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, arnieg said:

Can anyone clear up my confusion over the 250cc Class?

according to SCB race sheets the results of the rounds were:

Scun  1  James  2  Harrison

Leic  1 Harrison  2  James

KL  1 Harrison  2  James

Edin  1 James  2 Vale  3 Harrison

BV  1 Harrison  2  James

Therefore the overall standings should read:

1 Harrison  16  18  18  (14)*  18  Total = 70

2 James     18  16  16  18  (16)*  Total = 68

* per SCB regs [15.6.3] the lowest scoring round is dropped and points are awarded 1st 18, 2nd 16, 3rd 14 etc.

Yet the match report of the final round says Harrison & James had a run-off for the title

Why, they weren't tied?

Hi mate they are the rules as per the regs . But due to this being British speedway they made it up as they went along . After Luke won the final round officially he should of been the champion. However when the rules were mentioned the reply was just go win it on track . Which he did in the run off . Rule book only applies to certain aspects of the sport on certain occasions.

in fairness though it was a wonderful series at 250 level and either Max or Luke would of been worthy winners 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Hi mate they are the rules as per the regs . But due to this being British speedway they made it up as they went along . After Luke won the final round officially he should of been the champion. However when the rules were mentioned the reply was just go win it on track . Which he did in the run off . Rule book only applies to certain aspects of the sport on certain occasions.

in fairness though it was a wonderful series at 250 level and either Max or Luke would of been worthy winners 

They were very well matched, and I was very impressed with Luke in the two rounds I saw.

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Also, their twitter site today has the youth 125/150cc racing at Newcastle. :blush: :icon_smile_clown:

Which it was.

They probably list it that way as the original concept was the riders on old Honda type 125cc engines but , speedway being speedway, riders sought quicker more expensive engines and some began using oversized 140 pit bike engines . They then said sealed engines only but that was openly flouted and now it’s a free for all and no engines get checked anyway.

• Like 1