British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2021

19 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Who would of thought that when Peterborough announced they were bringing back Ulrich Ostergaard into there team that now Panthers fans would be saying it could be a disaster hes got injured

Correct and I'm one of them.  Personally thought it was a stupid signing but he's been having the season of his life in Britain. 

28 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Who would of thought that when Peterborough announced they were bringing back Ulrich Ostergaard into there team that now Panthers fans would be saying it could be a disaster hes got injured

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Correct and I'm one of them.  Personally thought it was a stupid signing but he's been having the season of his life in Britain. 

He would have been the first name on my team sheet on a four-point average, but he has exceeded my expectations this season. Sickening blow for Ulrich and his teams.

Unfortunate for Ulrich to get injured and Peterborough of course.And another blow for Ulrich would be being saddled with a 7+pt average.Wouldn't think any team would take a chance on him next season with him on that average imo.

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Unfortunate for Ulrich to get injured and Peterborough of course.And another blow for Ulrich would be being saddled with a 7+pt average.Wouldn't think any team would take a chance on him next season with him on that average imo.

I think he will be at Peterborough next year if he wants to be, I also think he will be racing again this year as he should be back for our September matches if not some of the later August meetings.

Ulrichs very popular, with his team mates, sponsors and most importantly the fans and it’s noticeable he is very fit this year and a fit Ulrich on good equipment is a match for mostly anyone. You don’t put over 3 points on your starting average by fluke or accident.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, hans fan said:

I would go r/r  no need to panic. a rider will   Come along in the end signing riders in panic mode is not the answer

If Hans and MPT were banging in regular high scores I'd agree but they're not atm. Guests or a replacement only option, the issue is when every other team is riding like when we go to wolves.

Edited by Flappy

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If Hans and MPT were hanging in regular high scores I'd agree but they're not atm. Guests or a replacement only option, the issue is when every other team is riding like when we go to wolves.

Harris nicholls and andersen all go extremely well at wolves. Tungate is poop round  there as far as I remember.

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I'm one of those - I thought it was a safe option signing, only going with him as he's part of the furniture. Can't fault him this season, one of the biggest improvers when it comes to adding points to his starting average I can remember for a while now.

17 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Can we use Bewley to cover for Ulrich if BV are not racing on the same night? 

Yes for now, although I think Bewley's next GSA (from 1 Aug) will probably put him above Ulrich

29 minutes ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

Bewley won't be cheap. Because Belle Vue got their stadium funded by the council, they are able to pay their riders a lot more.

Financially innumerate wittering

• Like 1

£2,500 raised in a collection for Ulrich today at Glasgow.

In his short time at Glasgow we have really taken to him speedy recovery hopefully, both teams could be doing with him back sooner rather than later.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

£2,500 raised in a collection for Ulrich today at Glasgow.

In his short time at Glasgow we have really taken to him speedy recovery hopefully, both teams could be doing with him back sooner rather than later.

Glasgow promotion put in £1000 that puts Buster under pressure to match that haha

I think hes been rider of the year in both leagues in 2021 so far now the flymos have been updated 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1