British Speedway Forum

berwick bandits 2021

11 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

His van was trashed inside. He pretty much has 3 bikes and that's it. No tools, spares or racing equipment. I'm sure he'll be back this week

Just for info, my original post was one of irony as a response to Cresent Girls post who appeared to see no issue in Kinsley riding.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Surprised by this, presumed last night was his last meeting, a bit anticlimactic really, he didn’t put any effort in last night really, I presumed playing it safe to get out of the sport alive

I wouldn't say he didn't put in effort. More he went early on every race, impeding himself and realised quickly if you didn't make the gate you were screwed

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Missed the gate due to trying to jump it. Track was a little too grippy for any passing so he had no chance anyway!

So he missed the gate… He got 2 points, both times the other rider didn’t finish… He was playing it safe for god sake:t:Was miles quicker than Bailey, who was riding mid track, 1 simple blast and he’d of been round him, but hugged the curb because he didn’t want to fall off in his last meeting, which was understandable to me, but when he’s taking guest bookings afterwards, it’s not

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

So he missed the gate… He got 2 points, both times the other rider didn’t finish… He was playing it safe for god sake:t:Was miles quicker than Bailey, who was riding mid track, 1 simple blast and he’d of been round him, but hugged the curb because he didn’t want to fall off in his last meeting, which was understandable to me, but when he’s taking guest bookings afterwards, it’s not

Pijper replaces Summers as guest tonight for Belle Vue

Edited by Normski
change

7 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

1 simple blast that no other managed all night? There wasn't a single pass the entire meeting...

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Have you forgot 1st bend &2nd bend sort outs counts as passing at Berwick.:rolleyes:;)

Seems to count at most tracks now unfortunately.

Reading updates most passes listed are there or on back straight (Birmingham and Scunthorpe were the same last week when I last checked the updates site).

22 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

1 simple blast that no other managed all night? There wasn't a single pass the entire meeting...

Therein lies the problem after bend 2 lap 1 very rare passing track alterations have made barely if any difference.

10 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Therein lies the problem after bend 2 lap 1 very rare passing track alterations have made barely if any difference.

Fair play and credit to the Promotion for making the track alterations ,but it has make little difference to the racing.IMO.The riders might find it better regarding the entrance and exit to bends though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

One metre, was never going to make a difference. It needed 5 metre's at least and the squareness of the corners taking off. The trouble is that would severely harm the football pitch.