British Speedway Forum

Buxton

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Is that the same BSPL who stated the rising star programme was a 2 year scheme and each club needed two this year ?

They have short memories, and even shorter when it comes to the RS program, with regards Buxton it would be great to see them back in a weaker and cheaper NDL.

27 minutes ago, HGould said:

If there are 8 Clubs would at least keep NDL alive.

Armadale, Berwick, Northside (Workington); Leicester, Mildenhall, Scunthorpe; Oxford and hopefully Iwade may be best we can hope for?

Are Belle Vue not planning to run a team in NDL?.  Have Scunthorpe announced they will enter the NDL?.  Hopefully they will.  Could   IOW  be tempted back if the points limit was higher and they had a say in how the league was run?

17 minutes ago, shippy22 said:

Are Belle Vue not planning to run a team in NDL?.  Have Scunthorpe announced they will enter the NDL?.  Hopefully they will.  Could   IOW  be tempted back if the points limit was higher and they had a say in how the league was run?

Of course Belle Vue they will be certs, too hard thinking of new Clubs lol.

I

1 hour ago, HGould said:

If there are 8 Clubs would at least keep NDL alive.

Armadale, Berwick, Northside (Workington); Leicester, Mildenhall, Scunthorpe; Oxford and hopefully Iwade may be best we can hope for?

Think Iwade is a Nora site and not SCB? Also even with the donated air fence i suspect there is still too much to do to get up to league standard ....plus obviously would need a promotor.

1 hour ago, shippy22 said:

Very much doubt IOW will be back after how they were treated and the dirty tricks campaign against them. 

In reality its Armadale, Berwick, Belle Vue, Mildenhall and probably Leicester. Then its the new entries / maybes Redcar? Oxford?. Think Northside 2023 will be a thing but for next season the clock is probably against them to get finished, signed off and build a team etc

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think Iwade is a Nora site and not SCB? Also even with the donated air fence i suspect there is still too much to do to get up to league standard ....plus obviously would need a promotor.

There is nothing to stop them being both, after all Scunthorpe and Redcar are both - one for amateur meetings and one for league racing.  Iwade has already hosted league racing in the Academy League.  I'm sure someone would come forward to take it on.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Very much doubt IOW will be back after how they were treated and the dirty tricks campaign against them. 

In reality its Armadale, Berwick, Belle Vue, Mildenhall and probably Leicester. Then its the new entries / maybes Redcar? Oxford?. Think Northside 2023 will be a thing but for next season the clock is probably against them to get finished, signed off and build a team etc

Leicester have already said that they will run Cubs team in the NDL!

2 hours ago, edmon said:

There is nothing to stop them being both, after all Scunthorpe and Redcar are both - one for amateur meetings and one for league racing.  Iwade has already hosted league racing in the Academy League.  I'm sure someone would come forward to take it on.

Well, I hear Len Silver's available for consultancy....

I worked at Iwade for a few years. Bar the air fence it was as ready for Division 3 as, say, Buxton. Good place for some grass roots speedway.

Wouldn't be ironic if the only speedway in the south east was Barry Thomas' training track? 

Wish Buxton was on its way back. Places like that and Lathalmond were such joys to visit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Well, I hear Len Silver's available for consultancy....

I worked at Iwade for a few years. Bar the air fence it was as ready for Division 3 as, say, Buxton. Good place for some grass roots speedway.

Wouldn't be ironic if the only speedway in the south east was Barry Thomas' training track? 

Wish Buxton was on its way back. Places like that and Lathalmond were such joys to visit. 

Take it you mean Lathallan (Linlithgow) ;).  Lathalmond is a bus museum in Fife.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, JohnHyam said:

I know - sadly! - there has been no activity at the Buxton SPEEDWAY for a couple of years but has there been any racing at the nearby oval car circuit? Thank you!

According to this Yes.. https://buxtonraceway.com/  and its next door to the Speedway track, incidentally there is activity at Buxton Speedway with Ride and Skid days apparently run by ex riders Aiden, Les Collins and Adam Allott. https://rideandskidit.com/