British Speedway Forum

2m rule scrapped from july 4th to 1m

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Am I right in saying that greyhounds have continued racing at Newcastle (and various other ARC tracks) several times a week? If so then presumably any staff on furlough are those specifically employed for Speedway?!

As the Diamonds statement says, 'a proposal re. furloughed staff has been put to the Stadium owners and we are awaiting a reply'!!  Presumably that might include the Diamonds promotion picking up some/all of the staff costs?!  Although I would have thought most of that cost would be covered by the stadium rental charges?

The stadium might be getting used without the grandstand and its facilities for the greyhounds?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

The stadium might be getting used without the grandstand and its facilities for the greyhounds?

surely the greyhound racing Is behind closed doors 

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

???

not sure what your answer means I will try and work it out as the day goes on:t:

15 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, a'd of thought so. So maybe they have different staff to operate the grandstand area.

Poole only had two meetings which was either betting shops or going abroad so not economically to run one went to Swindon and I think the other one went to Perry bar I think 

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, a'd of thought so. So maybe they have different staff to operate the grandstand area.

4 hours ago, ray c said:

Poole only had two meetings which was either betting shops or going abroad so not economically to run one went to Swindon and I think the other one went to Perry bar I think 

There's a statement on the Newcastle thread, re; the stadium situation.