British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague 2020

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Woffy's gating has been truly appalling for the past season and a half at least..

Miss gate, then blast around the boards is his regular tactic these days..

Great to watch when it comes off, but against top riders regularly hitting the first turn third or fourth wont deliver much success..

I would suggest he is maybe just still in the Top 10 in the world but not in the very top echelon anymore..

Bikes and talent still good enough, but starting simply miles off..

His gating has always been poor but he has a good racing brain to pick his lines right in the first corner 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Woffy's gating has been truly appalling for the past season and a half at least..

Miss gate, then blast around the boards is his regular tactic these days..

Great to watch when it comes off, but against top riders regularly hitting the first turn third or fourth wont deliver much success..

I would suggest he is maybe just still in the Top 10 in the world but not in the very top echelon anymore..

Bikes and talent still good enough, but starting simply miles off..

He is in for a very tough year in the GPs.   I want him to do very well but can see him struggling to reach finals.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

His gating has always been poor but he has the brain to pick his lines right in the first corner 

He used to at least be around second at the first turn, now he is often third or fourth..

That cut back he does in the first two turns has paid many a dividend over the years but you cant keep relying on it working.. 

Expecting it to work against 3 top lads is a high risk strategy if you want success at a world level..

1 minute ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Same.

Can be proud of himself that's he's won the biggest individual prize but he's going to struggle big time this season with the amount of top riders in form.

He hasn't ridden at top form since he broke his back about 18 months ago.    I hope he gets back to his best soon.

• Like 5

Janowski another whose career is going backwards..

Smarzlik, as he always seems to do as a season progresses, just gets better and better..

Will be a firm favourite for another World Title I would think..

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Janowski another whose career is going backwards..

Smarzlik, as he always seems to do as a season progresses, just gets better and better..

Will be a firm favourite for another World Title I would think..

As a speedway fan you should know how to spell the current World Champion's name properly one would think.

• Haha 1

Just now, Shockster said:

Zmarzlik def fav for the GPs and 2 at Gorzow and he won at Wroclaw last year and they have 2 also.  He likes Torun too.  I think Emil will put up a fight, but less sure of Madsen at the moment.

Madsen is definitely carrying an injury, and doesn’t look comfortable on the bike these days.IMO

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Falubaz said:

As a speedway fan you should know how to spell the current World Champion's name properly one would think.

Not sure which letters we dont use.. :D

• Haha 1