British Speedway Forum

Polish Extraleague 2020

5 minutes ago, Smederna said:

Now im sounding like a noob, but how does reserve substitute work?

its one of the polish u21 riders replacing somebody in what you would call the 1-5 of the team , also could be the other junior

Edited by homer
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Drug Ban probably doesn’t help his case.

Maybe so, but that should be a thing of the past. Grigory has been punished for it and served his ban, but now is clear and a top class performer in the Ekstraliga. Dudek has had drugs ban as well, but still rides the SGP, no problem with that.

I mean, they have given Martin Smolinski a wild card this year! I wonder why Smoli would deserve it more than Grisha? I just don't understand why he never got the chance. Politics, maybe?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smederna said:

Now im sounding like a noob, but how does reserve substitute work?

I think the 6 and 7( 14 and 15) they don`t call them reserves in Poland can have up to 6 or 7 rides- depending on if RR is being used and if they are 6 down.

the 6 and 7 have there rides protected and the only way they can be replaced is that the team is 6 down and the other one can take his place- If the no 8 is Polish U21 he can also replace a 6 or 7 at any time.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Maybe so, but that should be a la chose of the past. Grigory has been punished for it and served his ban, but now is clear and a top classe performer in the Ekstraliga. Dudek has had drugs ban as well, but still rides the SGP, non problem with that.

I mean, they have given Martin Smolinski a wild card this l'an! I wonder pourquoi Smoli would deserve it more than Grisha? I just don't understand why he never got la chance. Politics, peut-être?

I don't think having Sayfutdinov and Artem already in the GP helps him either?

Edited by Shockster

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Bar a crash he would have two world titles. 

I'd say bar Holder's crash + what happened to Darcy & divorce he'd easily been a 2x World Champ. If buts & maybe's though. Just have to deal with the hand you're dealt with & for Holder, he hasn't dealt with it at all well. 

I'd say though, Holder hasn't been anywhere near his peak any longer than Doyle. 

Doyle will come back again imo, Holder won't. 

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

I'd say bar Holder's crash + what happened to Darcy & divorce he'd easily been a 2x World Champ. If buts & maybe's though. Just have to deal with the hand you're dealt with & for Holder, he hasn't dealt with it at all well. 

I'd say though, Holder hasn't been anywhere near his peak any longer than Doyle. 

Doyle will come back again imo, Holder won't. 

Holder arguably fortunate to get one title as the ref saw things differently to many people when Pedersen was knocked off.   

19 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Maybe so, but that should be a thing of the past. Grigory has been punished for it and served his ban, but now is clear and a top class performer in the Ekstraliga. Dudek has had drugs ban as well, but still rides the SGP, no problem with that.

I mean, they have given Martin Smolinski a wild card this year! I wonder why Smoli would deserve it more than Grisha? I just don't understand why he never got the chance. Politics, maybe?

Agree ,but you know the politics in speedway.The difference with Dudek is he qualified to ride in SGP after his ban.Grigory hasn’t.

14 hours ago, racers and royals said:

We move on to a round 7 catch up match on Tuesday and what a match it is in prospect !!!

Tuesday August 4th Czestochowa v Leszno programme starts 7pm 1st race 7.30pm N Sport and Premier Sport 2

Brought to the top

Racecard pages 30 and 31  https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:d7b20b76-5f68-4532-a63e-fcfc4e89f782#pageNum=1

Edited by racers and royals

We move on to this Weekend`s round 9

Friday August 7th  Rybnik v Grudziadz programme starts 4.45pm 1st race   5pm Eleven Sports 1 and Freesports (5pm)

Friday August 7th Czestochowa v Zielona Gora programme starts 7.15pm 1st race  7.30pm Eleven Sports 1 and Premier Sport 1 (7.30)

Sunday August 9th Gorzow v Lublin programme starts 3pm 1st race  3.30pm N sport and Premier Sport 1 (3.30pm)

Sunday August 9th Wroclaw v Leszno programme starts 5.45pm 1st race  6.15pm N Sport and Premier Sport 1 (6.15pm)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Dave Goddard said:

So from the 9th to the 14th, you should get speedway every day.

It's OK, I didn't want to eat proper evening meals any more anyway....:P

Best way to treat commentators - keep 'em hungry ;)

Top story on Sportowe Fakty is that two members of Eleven Sports' editorial team have Covid-19. However they have not had contact with riders lately and all rider tests are clear so their coverage will continue without them and the matches they are covering are to run as scheduled. 

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/893366/zuzel-koronawirus-w-redakcji-zuzlowej-eleven-sports-wiemy-co-z-pge-ekstraliga