British Speedway Forum

Illegal Riding Zero Tolerance

14 hours ago, edmon said:

Disagree with her politics BUT I know who I trust more. At least we've been treated like adults.

Boris is trying to treat people as adults, it’s them that are not. Stay alert doesn’t really need to explained in great detail even if you only have half a brain. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, edmon said:

Disagree with her politics BUT I know who I trust more. At least we've been treated like adults.

I would go the other way. I don't think people in Scotland are being treated like adults, they are being handled with kid gloves, which is probably a better route than offering people to read a message as they wish. 

Locations in England will be a shambles this weekend if the weather is anything like decent. 

Edited by Hacksaw Jim Duggan

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Boris is trying to treat people as adults, it’s them that are not. Stay alert doesn’t really need to explained in great detail even if you only have half a brain. 

So you've looked in on the Scottish television briefings as well as the English ones on BBC, and made your judgement based on them. 

3 minutes ago, edmon said:

So you've looked in on the Scottish television briefings as well as the English ones on BBC, and made your judgement based on them. 

Yes,  and in her intention to get her own way on Independance regardless of her country voting against it, and not asking for it in any great number. What, in your opinion, do you think I should have looked at 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

I have had a one way system in my store for six weeks..

Plenty of arrows on the floor and someone to advise you which way to go as you walk in..

Every day we tell plenty of people they are going the wrong way..

With the usual response "oh, that's what the arrows mean"..

The country is sadly full of morons who will now decide "lockdown is over"..

You cannot tell people to look after themselves as many are quite incapable of doing so due to being simply thick..

Chaos will no doubt ensue, and the Govt will be blamed for effectively asking people to behave like adults..

• Like 5

15 hours ago, mikebv said:

he country is sadly full of morons who will now decide "lockdown is over"..

You cannot tell people to look after themselves as many are quite incapable of doing so due to being simply thick..

Chaos will no doubt ensue, and the Govt will be blamed for effectively asking people to behave like adults

Sadly I feel that is so. I am honestly fearful that there is more danger for those in the high risk groups ( which includes me ) in this next new phase.  I see it already as many people have dropped their concern about social distancing in the park where I walk every day. Runners decide to stop next to you, puffing and wheezing after a strenuous burst of exercise, hopefully they are not infected and carrying the virus. Some people do not think about their actions at all.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Sadly I feel that is so. I am honestly fearful that there is more danger for those in the high risk groups ( which includes me ) in this next new phase.  I see it already as many people have dropped their concern about social distancing in the park where I walk every day. Runners decide to stop next to you, puffing and wheezing after a strenuous burst of exercise, hopefully they are not infected and carrying the virus. Some people do not think about their actions at all.

sorry but if you are in the High Risk group and have recived a letter you should not even be outside the confines of your house.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, ekimba said:

sorry but if you are in the High Risk group and have recived a letter you should not even be outside the confines of your house.

I think, There are different levels of High risk, there's High Risk without a letter, and Very High risk with a letter (Shielded). As far as clarity between the two, i.e  what puts a person in one group but not the other, and which rules apply and which don't I haven't got a clue.

I always thought it was ACU policy to take away the race licence of anybody convicted of riding off road illegally anyway. As usual with the ACU they completely miss the point that 99% of illegal riding is done by the low-lifes that steal the bikes from their members not guys who spend all their money racing legally. However they do like to make sure they feel important in any given situation.

Can you tell I'm not a fan of the ACU? :D My opinion is undoubtedly biased.

Edited by Vince

I understand the Forestry Commission land issue and any Public space for that matter, But if its on Private land with the permission (if not to say encouragement) of the Land Owner, and not causing a nuisance to any neighbouring facilities, then how is that illegal?

Local heroes were riding on a nearby field, a public park for several hours this morning.  No point in calling plod, even if they attend the riders simply scatter down back alleys and into woods no chance of catching them....