British Speedway Forum

Cardiff 2020

10 hours ago, Mark said:

Warsaw is 50,000, has that solkd out every year, I don't think so.   Cardiff sells about 40,000.   The other two Polish stadiums are not very big in comparision.    Reading comments on here it seems Gorzow and Torun sell thousands of tickets to UK supporters.     Its not Polish fans filling stadiums.

Warsaw been sold out for last couple of years, this year's was sold out in just over a week. The poles are very noisy in and around the stadium, yes a few Brits but not thousands as you say, torun only has 12500 capacity

5 hours ago, stevehone said:

every speedway fan should sample a Polish GP, i've been to Warsaw 3 times and absolutely love it, atmosphere i haven't felt in speedway since Wembley '81.

if Cardiff could be filled think how amazing that would be

Spot on Steve:t:Done every GP in Warsaw.Done Leszno,Torun,Bydgoszcz too and it blows the myth that Cardiff is a great day out!:rolleyes:Went Cardiff GP once (courtesy of a ticket from a Redcar Bears supporter)and couldn't wait to go home. Been Millenium Stadium on many occasions for rugby with the roof closed at its capacity 73000 and nothing comes close to the atmosphere you'll experience:t:

Edited by bluejam

7 hours ago, bluejam said:

Spot on Steve:t:Done every GP in Warsaw.Done Leszno,Torun,Bydgoszcz too and it blows the myth that Cardiff is a great day out!:rolleyes:Went Cardiff GP once (courtesy of a ticket from a Redcar Bears supporter)and couldn't wait to go home. Been Millenium Stadium on many occasions for rugby with the roof closed at its capacity 73000 and nothing comes close to the atmosphere you'll experience:t:

How is it a myth - because you didn't like it then no-one else could possibly enjoy it? 

Edited by Noodles

19 minutes ago, Noodles said:

How is it a myth - because you didn't like it then no-one else could possibly enjoy it? 

OK I may have got the wording incorrect with myth.Compared to what I've seen at GP venues,Cardiff imo isn't that good.Each to their own.

15 hours ago, stevehone said:

every speedway fan should sample a Polish GP, i've been to Warsaw 3 times and absolutely love it, atmosphere i haven't felt in speedway since Wembley '81.

if Cardiff could be filled think how amazing that would be

PERSONALLY think the atmosphere at Cardiff is as good as Warsaw even with a few thousands less fans. Much of that is due to the compact nature of the Principality with the roof closed.

10 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

PERSONALLY think the atmosphere at Cardiff is as good as Warsaw even with a few thousands less fans. Much of that is due to the compact nature of the Principality with the roof closed.

Yea the atmosphere gets the hairs on your arms standing up in Cardiff, was in Warsaw last year( 1st time ) great atmosphere but did not get the hairs on arms standing as in Cardiff, was due to go to both this year, but can't see Warsaw restaging happening

43 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yea the atmosphere gets the hairs on your arms standing up in Cardiff, was in Warsaw last year( 1st time ) great atmosphere but did not get the hairs on arms standing as in Cardiff, was due to go to both this year, but can't see Warsaw restaging happening

Warsaw to end an all Poland series? if they can run on Friday and Saturday

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Warsaw to end an all Poland series? if they can run on Friday and Saturday

Thought I saw something from Poland for the GP's that it was going to be 8 rounds at 4 normal tracks possible Friday and Saturday, 2 tracks torun and Wroclaw plus 2 others, with crowds no more than 50% of capacity

On 6/9/2020 at 9:23 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

Having been to Torun, Warsaw , Wroclaw and Cardiff many times they can all be great events, more so the fuller they are. I sense the argument here is really about the ability to provide a track that consistently enables exciting racing and somehow the Polish tracks seem able to do this more often - although Cardiff does occasionally through up a great meeting. However, with the technology and data available today I am surprised no-one has managed to fully solve this problem for Cardiff which as a man-made track  inside a stadium is presumably able to be the same shape as Warsaw (I am assuming you want many lines through every bend, but I am no track designer). 

Edited by ward
typographical error

49 minutes ago, Neila said:

Thought I saw something from Poland for the GP's that it was going to be 8 rounds at 4 normal tracks possible Friday and Saturday, 2 tracks torun and Wroclaw plus 2 others, with crowds no more than 50% of capacity

How does a GP run on the same night as league racing.

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think the article suggested that it would be late season after the Extraleague had finished.

That makes sense.  Could run from mid September for four weekends.   Eight GP's in four weeks would be overload for some but I would support it.    Its an odd year so odd things will have to happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

Extraleague Final is scheduled for 11th October so they'd be going in to November if that's the case.

IF, and still an if, an eight SGP series takes place in Poland it will probably be in September. All sorts of rumours, including four successive race nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) ... but lots of bridges still to be crossed. However, staging all the meetings in one country makes logistical sense not just for the riders but TV, officials, etc. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

IF, and still an if, an eight SGP series takes place in Poland it will probably be in September. All sorts of rumours, including four successive race nights (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) ... but lots of bridges still to be crossed. However, staging all the meetings in one country makes logistical sense not just for the riders but TV, officials, etc. 

Pretty tough if you take a knock on the Monday which rules you out for the rest of the week (& therefore the title).