British Speedway Forum

Corona virus

48 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

In your continued attempts to bully as you are incapable of debating the topic you are now consistently resorting to stereotypical offensive jibes regarding autism, a condition which affects hundreds of thousands across the UK.

This attitude you are displaying towards autism is part and parcel of what makes life more difficult for those who do suffer from it. 

This is a thread discussing Corona virus, if you wish to discuss it, do so. 

If you had said you were Autistic I would cut you some slack, nice to see you've picked up on the bullying accusations and turned it around on me, must feel pleased with yourself about that. Nothing offensive about Autism, you obviously don't realise you probably are and I suggest you get tested. My attitude towards Autism is to accept those with it and make adjustments on how I communicate with them. Like I said I have no interest in "debating" Covid19 other than it's impact on Speedway as this topic I remind you is in the "Speedway News and Discussions" thread, perhaps this topic should be moved out of the way into "General Discussions".

So, as you've neglected to answer a direct question all I can say is...

See you next Tuesday :t:

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

My son has recently been diagnosed as Autistic, his diagnosis is on the very lowest grade of the Autism spectrum however he's still considered as being Autistic.  It's not something to joke about, however iainb has asked a plausible question...whilst BWitcher just continues his obsessive tirade.

The son of a friend of mine is Autistic and he's a great lad, bloke actually as he's in his early 20's now. I am aware of how I communicate with him though, thankfully he's just a nice bloke and not obsessive (well he is a bit) and rude, he's such a polite bloke

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

My son has recently been diagnosed as Autistic, his diagnosis is on the very lowest grade of the Autism spectrum however he's still considered as being Autistic.  It's not something to joke about, however iainb has asked a plausible question...whilst BWitcher just continues his obsessive tirade.

All very nice, but irrelevant to the topic Corona Virus.

Now, where is your evidence that influenza transmits very differently to Covid-19?

You told us you hadn't got time to post... but that's been proven to be incorrect.

One can only assume you haven't got any 'evidence' and that you indeed made it up.

Edited by BWitcher

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

If you had said you were Autistic I would cut you some slack, nice to see you've picked up on the bullying accusations and turned it around on me, must feel pleased with yourself about that. Nothing offensive about Autism, you obviously don't realise you probably are and I suggest you get tested. My attitude towards Autism is to accept those with it and make adjustments on how I communicate with them. Like I said I have no interest in "debating" Covid19 other than it's impact on Speedway as this topic I remind you is in the "Speedway News and Discussions" thread, perhaps this topic should be moved out of the way into "General Discussions".

So, as you've neglected to answer a direct question all I can say is...

See you next Tuesday :t:

There are currently two Covid threads, one here and one in the General Discussion section.  BWitcher has hijacked both with continuous thread posting day after day.  He won't listen to anyone except himself (or DC2 who seems to follow him around like a sheep).

I don't think BWitcher is bullying to be fair, however he is strongly opinionated and needs to have the last word on everything!  He must trawl the web for hours and hours trying to find snippets of information to prove EVERYONE else they're wrong and he's right.

Every badly hit country in the world has dealt with Covid in a similar way, albeit on differing lockdown levels, however he flatly refuses to accept that lockdowns reduce the spread of the virus.  

Edit: And he's still responding to my posts banging the same drum when I have clearly stated I will not be responding to him any longer as it's a waste of time. Not quite sure what he's taking but I certainly don't want any of  it lol.  Just can't help himself, gotta have the last word...every time...

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

I don't think BWitcher is bullying to be fair, however he is strongly opinionated and needs to have the last word on everything!

I suggest you check out some of his posts on other threads about Speedway, when he used to post on them. His behaviour was the same as it has been on this one, obsessive to the point of bullying. He may not have set out to be a bully but he singles people out, like he seems to have done with you and baits them. Now you and I may be big and ugly enough to handle this, water off a ducks back... but not everybody is.

Bully: "a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable"

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

There are currently two Covid threads, one here and one in the General Discussion section.  BWitcher has hijacked both with continuous thread posting day after day.  He won't listen to anyone except himself (or DC2 who seems to follow him around like a sheep).

I don't think BWitcher is bullying to be fair, however he is strongly opinionated and needs to have the last word on everything!  He must trawl the web for hours and hours trying to find snippets of information to prove EVERYONE else they're wrong and he's right.

Every badly hit country in the world has dealt with Covid in a similar way, albeit on differing lockdown levels, however he flatly refuses to accept that lockdowns reduce the spread of the virus.  

Incorrect, I haven't flatly refused.

I have asked, why have the deaths from Covid-19 continuously fallen, but not those involving influenza. It's a simple question that nobody has been able to answer.

You've claimed that influenza spreads in a different way to Covid-19, despite all medial organisations saying they spread in the same way.

I have and never will 'refuse' to give the reasoning to back up any point I make. Hence I've provided the evidence that says the two spread in the same fashion.

So again, let's see this evidence that you have. 

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Incorrect, I haven't flatly refused.

I have asked, why have the deaths from Covid-19 continuously fallen, but not those involving influenza. It's a simple question that nobody has been able to answer.

You've claimed that influenza spreads in a different way to Covid-19, despite all medial organisations saying they spread in the same way.

I have and never will 'refuse' to give the reasoning to back up any point I make. Hence I've provided the evidence that says the two spread in the same fashion.

So again, let's see this evidence that you have. 

Point proven yet again so case closed m'lud :party:  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chris4gillian said:

Point proven yet again so case closed m'lud :party:  

Indeed it is proven.

You don't have the evidence.

So, we know now.. unchallenged, that the lockdown has not effected the deaths of a virus that transmits in the same way as Covid-19.

We got there in the end.

Thanks for agreeing finally chris4gillian.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

I suggest you check out some of his posts on other threads about Speedway, when he used to post on them. His behaviour was the same as it has been on this one, obsessive to the point of bullying. He may not have set out to be a bully but he singles people out, like he seems to have done with you and baits them. Now you and I may be big and ugly enough to handle this, water off a ducks back... but not everybody is.

Bully: "a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable"

I'm quite possibly one of the least vulnerable people around so he can carry on with his crusade/bullying tactics, I'm now ignoring him but yet he's still posting responses to me.  The words 'screw' and 'loose' have come to mind :t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, chris4gillian said:

I'm quite possibly one of the least vulnerable people around so he can carry on with his crusade/bullying tactics, I'm now ignoring him but yet he's still posting responses to me.  The words 'screw' and 'loose' have come to mind :t:

You replied to me 4 mins ago! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

The worrying thing is though that there are vulnerable people around, no doubt some on here and when a character like him latches on to them things could take a turn for the worse, especially as a lot of people are currently mentally fragile during the current pandemic...

See what I've done there? I've managed to bring it back on topic :rofl:

... But of course, we all know... There is no pandemic :rofl:

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 1

Just now, iainb said:

The worrying thing is though that there are vulnerable people around, no doubt some on here and when a character like him latches on to them things could take a turn for the worse, especially as a lot of people are currently mentally fragile during the current pandemic...

See what I've done there? I've managed to bring it back on topic :rofl:

... But if course, we all know... There is no pandemic :rofl:

I beg to differ my good man :party:

On 8/12/2020 at 9:14 AM, chris4gillian said:

You've been told many times that other than similar symptoms the flu and Covid act in different ways.  That is why one has reduced in numbers and the other hasn't.

When are you going to accept this?

All viruses are transmitted the same way. They all attack the lungs and can affect other organs and systems plus they can  exacerbate any existing illness and medical condition plus are likely killers in the over 60s. 

On 8/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, chris4gillian said:

For the love of God...cases (and deaths) are currently so low BECAUSE of the lockdown.  If we return to life as normal the pandemic will be off and running once again.  Yes the death toll will probably be a lot lower, however isn't it best to continue with lockdown/social distancing etc. for a while yet so that Covid deaths remain extremely low?  Nobody can predict how many deaths a 'second wave' may or may not cause - and I for one feel that 1 death is 1 death too many.

We are returning to normal. Most places are now up and running . Death rates and hospital admissions are in the single figures throughout the UK. The R rate is irrelevant, ditto current positive tests if they don’t turn into deaths or hospital admissions which means those affected by positive tests aren’t needing medical intervention. We’ve never been in a better place with containing the virus. Long may that continue. These calls for lockdowns couldn’t be any more wrong. 

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

In your continued attempts to bully as you are incapable of debating the topic you are now consistently resorting to stereotypical offensive jibes regarding autism, a condition which affects hundreds of thousands across the UK.

This attitude you are displaying towards autism is part and parcel of what makes life more difficult for those who do suffer from it. 

This is a thread discussing Corona virus, if you wish to discuss it, do so. 

I have to say I find any attack on someone by calling them mentally ill or having a mental health issue or disability is beyond disgraceful, and have clearly lost the argument or high ground they once had.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

All viruses are transmitted the same way. They all attack the lungs and can affect other organs and systems plus they can  exacerbate any existing illness and medical condition plus are likely killers in the over 60s. 

We are returning to normal. Most places are now up and running . Death rates and hospital admissions are in the single figures throughout the UK. The R rate is irrelevant, ditto current positive tests if they don’t turn into deaths or hospital admissions which means those affected by positive tests aren’t needing medical intervention. We’ve never been in a better place with containing the virus. Long may that continue. These calls for lockdowns couldn’t be any more wrong. 

I have to say I find any attack on someone by calling them mentally ill or having a mental health issue or disability is beyond disgraceful, and have clearly lost the argument or high ground they once had.

Agree on all three point, but particularly the second one.

There is too much emphasis now on positive test numbers, but these are wholly dependent on who decides to have a test and gives no indication on how serious the case is.

The figures we need to know are how many people get it serious enough to have to go into hospital and how many die. Without that it is just another virus.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Agree on all three point, but particularly the second one.

There is too much emphasis now on positive test numbers, but these are wholly dependent on who decides to have a test and gives no indication on how serious the case is.

The figures we need to know are how many people get it serious enough to have to go into hospital and how many die. Without that it is just another virus.

100% spot on.

In the eight weeks up until August 7th:

Deaths with Covid-19 on cert: 2940
Deaths with flu/pneumonia on cert: 8501.

That gap is widening each week.

This week it was 152 for Covid (down again), 1162 for flu/pneumonia (actually rose)

Remind me which virus we are in a 'pandemic' for again??

• Like 1