British Speedway Forum

Corona virus

4 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Its an amateur sport they are watching which does not count so anything goes and it is probably no more than four or five extended families from the same street added to which you have an amateur running the stadium. Then you have a government which does not know Norfolk exists and is under the radar and when Corona virus found out what this part of the world is like, it turned tail and headed for the Midlands. Hope that helps.

It's a good job that the bug only infects 'professional' people, otherwise we could end up with a second wave!

• Like 2

It is a strange one with Stox. I was watching a  little ice hockey. Stanley Cup. One of the big sporting events, which seems to have been moved to two Canadian cities and being played out without any fans. Obviously indoors and probably can afford it with all the sponsorship and tv money. But how Bangers gets away with that I have no idea. They will be in trouble though if anything can be traced back to their events

• Like 1

There were a lot of complaints this week about mondays meeting at Taunton, lack of social distancing and no masks.

Apparantly Ipswich felt far "safer" on the sat night.

But it seems its not just one or two local authorities allowing it, nearly all active tracks have hosted meetings, those that haven't, have them planned for the upcoming weeks.

I see a whole slew of baseball matches have been cancelled after two large (and unconnected?) outbreaks. Miami Marlins (19 cases) and St Louis Cards (13 cases) are both going to struggle to make up the missed matches.

On 7/31/2020 at 6:15 PM, BWitcher said:

The answer is people need to start voicing their objection to the ridiculous totalitarian restrictions being put in place.

At a time when less people are dying in the UK than they have in the last five years.

This just goes to prove how effective government propaganda can be? Unfortunately large swaves of the population will currently believe any ole crap that is peddled by Downing street.

I'm not being flippant but surely if a virus WAS as deadly as stated that why are not permanently under house arrest? Not popping to the shops for a sandwich etc but proper locked down, where you are not allowed to leave your house for anything. 

I afraid we've been sold a dud and it's working!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TB1 said:

This just goes to prove how effective government propaganda can be? Unfortunately large swaves of the population will currently believe any ole crap that is peddled by Downing street.

I'm not being flippant but surely if a virus WAS as deadly as stated that why are not permanently under house arrest? Not popping to the shops for a sandwich etc but proper locked down, where you are not allowed to leave your house for anything. 

So we die of starvation??

On 8/5/2020 at 8:34 AM, arnieg said:

I see a whole slew of baseball matches have been cancelled after two large (and unconnected?) outbreaks. Miami Marlins (19 cases) and St Louis Cards (13 cases) are both going to struggle to make up the missed matches.

No prizes for guessing how many of those will end up actually being ill... 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:37 AM, iris123 said:

Oi, my Aunty lives there !!!

That figures :P ;)

• Sad 1

On 8/6/2020 at 2:23 AM, TB1 said:

Nearly 50K deaths so far, and you think that it is not deadly. imagine the real death figure if we were told to ignore it and let it run its course.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nearly 50K deaths so far, and you think that it is not deadly. imagine the real death figure if we were told to ignore it and let it run its course.

It's already been admitted the real death figure is lower.

The excess deaths in the UK are now lower than they were for flu in 2017/18. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Because of the precautions taken

Bless. 

Sadly, flu/pneumonia figures haven't fallen, in fact they've remained fluctuating around their normal levels.. 

So the precautions have been shown to have done nothing to stop the spread of viruses.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Tsunami said:

Numbers and figures are often manipulated by various organisations. Indeed on average 1300 people die in England every days of all causes. Unfortunately the government chose not to make that clear. I draw my own opinions and not what 'our' media wants us to believe.

• Like 7

On 8/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Tsunami said:

No one will ever know, the only near thing to that is Sweden, and they have a lower death rate per million people than we have

If it had been done, we would have had to really put a ring of steel around the vulnerable, not the pretend one the government said we did

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crumpet77 said:

It is running its course, that's what a virus does. You can't stop a virus spreading in a modern society, even the prisons had it, and they are in extreme lockdown. Given the choice, i'd rather catch covid again (i had zero symptoms) over flu everyday of the week. 

The staff that work in the prisons aren’t in lockdown though. They come and go.

• Like 1