British Speedway Forum

Corona virus

17 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

GB Speedway Season 2020 is cancelled. (Speedway GB website) 

Never thought any differently... let’s all stay safe , hope we can all get vaccinated by Spring 2021 and see Speedway Come next year. 

I wont be getting any rushed, little tested, unproven vaccine for a virus that has no real effect on 98% of the population

If that were to mean I cant go to Speedway then Ive seen my last meeting....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think that our British testing of vaccines & other medical testing is more thorough than other countries.

When the MRSA bug was heavily around, America, Germany & Spain were just a few of the countries using a certain make of vaccine & cleaning agents that could not get passed by our testing accreditors.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 5:48 PM, Ben91 said:

Someone should direct Chris Whitty to this post considering all the corona virus experts we have here... 

He'd be quite happy to see the gullible idiots putting their fingers in their ears when faced with the truth.

There is nothing 'expert' about giving the actual figures (taken from official source).

The fact those figures offend people speaks absolute volumes to the state of the country.

Edited by BWitcher

6 hours ago, BWitcher said:

There is nothing 'expert' about giving the actual figures (taken from official source).

The fact those figures offend people speaks absolute volumes to the state of the country.

Remember, people don't want truth or fact; they just want someone to agree with them to "prove" their way of thinking is right...

23 hours ago, BWitcher said:

He'd be quite happy to see the gullible idiots putting their fingers in their ears when faced with the truth.

Ok, thanks for that. 

39 minutes ago, Ben91 said:

Shame more people aren’t concerned about the fit of the mask. 

Why is that? 

I'm more concerned with the levels of deaths falling.. which they have... rapidly. Funnily enough, with no mask.

The figures also show that social distancing and other restrictions have done nothing to effect viruses either.

As said, the actual figures show how gullible you are. Each to their own.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Why is that? 

I'm more concerned with the levels of deaths falling.. which they have... rapidly. Funnily enough, with no mask.

The figures also show that social distancing and other restrictions have done nothing to effect viruses either.

As said, the actual figures show how gullible you are. Each to their own.

Wow you bite so easily. 

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Ah that old line.

So you were looking for 'bites' were you, i.e. being a troll?

Glad you admit it.

Not particularly. I made a passing comment about the thread in general and you got your knickers in a twist. I just thought I’d lend you a helping hand. You’re welcome, have a nice day. I wish you well curing this pandemic. 

Just now, Ben91 said:

Not particularly. I made a passing comment about the thread in general and you got your knickers in a twist. I just thought I’d lend you a helping hand. You’re welcome, have a nice day. I wish you well curing this pandemic. 

I don't need to do anything, it's doing that job all by itself.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If speedway gets going next year even with the corona virus still around what will happen if there is a local outbreak and there is a localised shutdown?  What will happen if the club involved cannot complete there fixtures next season due to it, will they be penalised or fined ? Worst still what happens if the shutdown results in the club closing down do the BSPA have a emergency fund to help out in this situation. So many questions that the clubs might want answered before putting pen to paper for 2021.  This Corona virus  is here to stay for a while yet.

49 minutes ago, tonyd said:

If speedway gets going next year even with the corona virus still around what will happen if there is a local outbreak and there is a localised shutdown?  What will happen if the club involved cannot complete there fixtures next season due to it, will they be penalised or fined ? Worst still what happens if the shutdown results in the club closing down do the BSPA have a emergency fund to help out in this situation. So many questions that the clubs might want answered before putting pen to paper for 2021.  This Corona virus  is here to stay for a while yet.

I was thinking the same thing about the SON, due to be staged at Belle Vue in October.