British Speedway Forum

Peter Craven Memorial (Belle Vue) 21.03.20

Just now, Phil The Ace said:

WHAT A MEETING THIS IS. Worth way more than the £10 I paid 

Steady on old boy! It has been very entertaining though. I can see this streaming being quite lucrative for the Aces not so sure about other clubs

2 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Agreed - I never understood the attraction of the 16 lapper with 8 riders at Ipswich. 
Was there ever actually a final when all 8 riders finished I wonder as most videos seem to show fallers and re-runs?

The 16 lapper at Ipswich has been my favourite meeting bar none. Each to their own of course. 

Really impressed with tonight and with the other two streamed meetings.  I would like to thank all at BV for having the courage and commitment to do something different.   Can't wait for next year and being able to see it live again. 

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think you are recalling the World Pairs which used 6 rider races for a few years until 1990 when there was a serious injury to Piotr Swist in a semi and another major crash in the final.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_Speedway_World_Pairs_Championship#:~:text=The 1990 Speedway World Pairs,and the less fancied Australia.

Thing is, six riders in a race is not a huge problem for most riders - certainly not those who ride in the Czech Golden Helmet and certain other events on the continent.

As you say, it only became an issue with the the World Pairs, and that's because riders were looking for their team-mates. THAT was the problem...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

And if there is to be a 2021 domestic UK league, I hope it will be possible to watch NSS matches on Live Stream ( How about a season ticket? I hope it's under consideration )

I hope so. Even id buy one and I have a season ticket  would love to watch them back

55 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Looking at that side on view, look at how far some are away from the tapes, thus allowing movement before the tapes are raised.

I like it in Poland - NO MOVEMENT or out!

That is one big notable difference in Poland,the starting procedure is a lot more rigid, 2min clock,no lining up at an angle, disobey the start marshal at your peril !!. How it should be over here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1