British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2020

secsy1

On 1/12/2021 at 7:33 PM, cityrebel said:

If successful, will the new owner be forced to reinstate the speedway track.

I can't see how. I guess if there's enough objections they might not be allowed to put football pitches there but that wont bring Speedway back. It might be that the landowners could force them to reinstate the track but I'd have thought that was between the freeholder and the leaseholder, nothing to do with the council.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QUE1RFGLN4800

Link to object to the new planning permission for the football pitches he has already started building on top of the track. The arrogant tosser(Ricky Musk) had to withdraw his last one as it was embarrassing.

Edited by Chris

Thank you to all who have objected. The 1000+ objections to the previous application have now been cancelled along with that application so we're having to start again. Another 1000 or even higher can only help to disprove the falsehood that Rye House is an abandoned, forgotten speedway track. 

If you want to object, here's the link:

https://publicaccess.eastherts.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=QUE1RFGLN4800

It could be your track next. We still have a chance. We've hired a barrister who has shown a great interest in the case and after filing objections over procedures at the two authorities involved is now taking our complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. 

It's hard fight but far from a lost cause. 

19 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

As a Coventry fan, stilling holding to the belief that Brandon may yet reopen, it was my pleasure to register my objection to this new planning application.

• Like 1

We're the lead story on page 2 of this week's Speedway Star and the response to sharing our request for people to object to the planning application and to share that request over as many groups as possible is going well.

There's a long road to go and a very tough fight but we're getting the backing within speedway that we hoped for. Thanks to all. 

Rob.

• Like 2