British Speedway Forum

Prediction thread

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I feel Wright has the potential to put at least half a point on his average.And if he can quickly get dialled in to his new home track he can bring that confidence to his away performances.I have watched that British Final win a few times and god how good was Charles  he was superb.He just needs to get his set ups right at the NSS as the conditions will differ weekly but for  him personally it is a great career move and a chance to move up the ladder  in his career.

Wright had a good season and the NSS suits him, I am sure he will maintain his average but I very much doubt he will improve it.

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Wright had a good season and the NSS suits him, I am sure he will maintain his average but I very much doubt he will improve it.

I’ll bet my last dollar that Charles puts at least half a point on that average.

In the UK he is excellent and I find it somewhat perplexing that we have people who believe that the current British Champion, yes that’s right, can’t increase what is a pretty low starting number gained whilst riding as either a number 1 or 5.

When people use the term underrated, I often think it’s banded around too easily, but in Charles case it’s very apt.

He will be the 3rd heat leader in this team and I’ll go so far as to stick my nose out and say Charles will be challenging for the number 1 race jacket.

Everything stacks up for him this season. He’s at his home town club and lives a stones throw away. A nice set of circumstances and given his family history with the club, I expect we will see a very settled and very driven Charles Wright this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I feel Wright has the potential to put at least half a point on his average.And if he can quickly get dialled in to his new home track he can bring that confidence to his away performances.I have watched that British Final win a few times and god how good was Charles  he was superb.He just needs to get his set ups right at the NSS as the conditions will differ weekly but for  him personally it is a great career move and a chance to move up the ladder  in his career.

I think people forget that he’s the British champion. He slips under the radar Charles, he’s improving YOY and in this country is a very good rider.

His personal circumstances will also be much better, less travel for a kick off. He’s always wanted to ride for BV but for whatever reason it’s never been able to come together.

Every single one of that BV team, expect potentially Kurtz who will need time to settle, will increase their starting average.

That is always a recipe for success.

1 hour ago, acef said:

I’ll bet my last dollar that Charles puts at least half a point on that average.

In the UK he is excellent and I find it somewhat perplexing that we have people who believe that the current British Champion, yes that’s right, can’t increase what is a pretty low starting number gained whilst riding as either a number 1 or 5.

When people use the term underrated, I often think it’s banded around too easily, but in Charles case it’s very apt.

He will be the 3rd heat leader in this team and I’ll go so far as to stick my nose out and say Charles will be challenging for the number 1 race jacket.

Everything stacks up for him this season. He’s at his home town club and lives a stones throw away. A nice set of circumstances and given his family history with the club, I expect we will see a very settled and very driven Charles Wright this season.

He didn't start last season at 1 or 5 and he put a lot on his average due to a very low starting point  but I just can't see him putting much on his current average.

5 hours ago, acef said:

I think people forget that he’s the British champion. He slips under the radar Charles, he’s improving YOY and in this country is a very good rider.

His personal circumstances will also be much better, less travel for a kick off. He’s always wanted to ride for BV but for whatever reason it’s never been able to come together.

Every single one of that BV team, expect potentially Kurtz who will need time to settle, will increase their starting average.

That is always a recipe for success.

Acef  looking at this Aces side Kurtz, Wright, Bewley, Worrall, Lidsey, Etheridge can all improve there figures.Wright also for me is a very decent rider away from home if he can say be averaging over eight at home his figures away will improve also.I enjoyed watching Steve/Charles riding for the Robins so are two riders i would love to keep improving.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Acef  looking at this Aces side Kurtz, Wright, Bewley, Worrall, Lidsey, Etheridge can all improve there figures.Wright also for me is a very decent rider away from home if he can say be averaging over eight at home his figures away will improve also.I enjoyed watching Steve/Charles riding for the Robins so are two riders i would love to keep improving.

Kind words. Thanks.

There is collective improvement across the team, individually that may may move a bit and my reservation is with Kurtz.

Still don't think he's realised his full potential and the travel isn't going to help him.

The team is lacking a clear number 1 but it's well balanced and alongside Swindon I see the the top 2 teams in the division.

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Kind words. Thanks.

There is collective improvement across the team, individually that may may move a bit and my reservation is with Kurtz.

Still don't think he's realised his full potential and the travel isn't going to help him.

The team is lacking a clear number 1 but it's well balanced and alongside Swindon I see the the top 2 teams in the division.

My concern for you is Kildemand i  dont know what has gone wrong for him but he is capable of doing a decent job.Kurtz is no  Max but i believe he can be a real force at home also he will be exciting to watch.

15 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

My concern for you is Kildemand i  dont know what has gone wrong for him but he is capable of doing a decent job.Kurtz is no  Max but i believe he can be a real force at home also he will be exciting to watch.

I'm not as worried about PK because I believe wright and bewley will occupy the top 3 alongside Brady. PK will be a 2nd string. That's quite a big statement I know.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, acef said:

I'm not as worried about PK because I believe wright and bewley will occupy the top 3 alongside Brady. PK will be a 2nd string. That's quite a big statement I know.

I think Lidsey will be pushing for that third heat leader position in my opinion himself along with Becker could be future GP riders.

43 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Alot of people said Fricke would never make a GP rider,  and apart from maybe Smektala,Drabik, Lambert, Kubera it is all to play for to reach the series in the future.

Yes and it is a shame he doesn't want to do the British League next season, massive respect to Doyley for continuing in the British League year on year when a lot of the top riders don't. Lidsey and Becker have a long long way to go to get to that level.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes and it is a shame he doesn't want to do the British League next season, massive respect to Doyley for continuing in the British League year on year when a lot of the top riders don't. Lidsey and Becker have a long long way to go to get to that level.

The thing  is though forever who would of predicted  that Doyley would of achieved what he has done not many of us.Last season when i visited the NSS in the Supporters trophy Lidsey was mighty impressive along with Bewley .Lidsey  i believe learned one hell of alot last year and he can continue to improve and he has years ahead of him god willing.

16 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

The thing  is though forever who would of predicted  that Doyley would of achieved what he has done not many of us.Last season when i visited the NSS in the Supporters trophy Lidsey was mighty impressive along with Bewley .Lidsey  i believe learned one hell of alot last year and he can continue to improve and he has years ahead of him god willing.

As always the key to moving to the next level is consistency , Lidsey  only has a 5 point average so I would imagine he wasn't that impressive all season, Bewley despite his issues with coming back from injury still achieved a 6 point average so that was more impressive and injury free he could definitely move to the next level.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

As always the key to moving to the next level is consistency , Lidsey  only has a 5 point average so I would imagine he wasn't that impressive all season, Bewley despite his issues with coming back from injury still achieved a 6 point average so that was more impressive and injury free he could definitely move to the next level.

You are a hard man to please Blue !!!! Lidsey  has real talent he even showed that in his first Polish season as a squad member.He has done well in the 21s and he has gone a different route to Max who had two seasons in the Champs.Lidsey also impressed me at the Abbey a couple of times and now he has some experience of the set ups in the UK  a big improvement is on the cards.