British Speedway Forum

US national championships 20s + 30s

iris123

47 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Good to hear.

I just wonder how Ray Grant got credited with the championship, especially as he was missing a good bit of the season due to injury. I wonder if he won something else ?

Well, you know how many unofficial "World" Championships back then, so it wouldn't surprise me if we had some unofficial "US" Championships around. Plus, the history of speedway and the AMA hasn't always been that clear...

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2024 at 2:20 PM, iris123 said:

Good to hear.

I just wonder how Ray Grant got credited with the championship, especially as he was missing a good bit of the season due to injury. I wonder if he won something else ?

I also came across a Mexico v California meeting. Though disappointed that the 'Mexico' team was just the US riders that had ventured down to race in Mexico, rather than any Mexican speedway riders

Wasn't there a Mexican speedway rider called Speedy Gonzales? :o