British Speedway Forum

Josh Auty Testimonial New Date 19.03.21

On 1/14/2022 at 7:49 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Get real - Good Friday has always seen every team that can run do so with many home and away double headers

You didn't need a fixture list published to realise this would be the case again

I suppose we should be grateful that he didn't suggest certain teams couldn't ride on that day so that riders were available for Josh ;)

I didn't offer any opinion on the organising teams decision to accept the date. I will everyone form their own.....

Almost as daft as running a POSF on the same day as the SoN Final :lol:

For a bit of pre-season racing/testing there are 4 meetings, at the moment, earmarked with dates. Auty & Lewis Kerr Testimonials, Stuart Robson Farewell & Ben Fund.

The riders that have accepted an invitation from Josh are;

S Masters now K Newman, D King, C Harris, C Wright, J Allen, S Lambert, J Palin, R Lawson, R Douglas, K Howarth, P Starke, B Barker, U Ostergaard, J Auty, Z Kennedy, T Aarnio.

Edited by IronScorpion
additional rider

On 1/13/2022 at 1:14 PM, IronScorpion said:

Can you change the date of the topic to coincide with this change. cheers

NEW DATE Josh Auty Testimonial 19th March 2022

I agree about changing the date. It does tend to be misleading as it stands at the moment.

May be an image of 1 person and text

Okay okay, this line up looks absolute amazing!:t:

Josh has confirmed it'll be a 16 man - GP style format meeting - 23 heats - 20 qualifiers, 2 semis and a final

Admission has been set at

£16 for Adults

£14 for OAP/Students

£5 kids aged between 10-17

and free for under 10's

A Family Ticket for 2x Adults and 2x 10-17year olds £37

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Its time the promotion moved with the times. Card readers are plentiful and todays younger generation prefer that option to pay for everything.

Especially since covid and some people's attitude to handling cash changing. Not a good reflection on speedway that their are tracks without card / contactless payment options. 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Especially since covid and some people's attitude to handling cash changing. Not a good reflection on speedway that their are tracks without card / contactless payment options. 

Cash payments are easier to hide if any fiddling of the books goes on. Although personally I prefer to pay cash.

Hope the day is a success. But cash only is ridiculous. Over the past year I doubt I have handed over more than £100 in cash. A bit of small change for a car park, but everything is card or Apple Pay today. Who the hell seriously uses cash? 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope the day is a success. But cash only is ridiculous. Over the past year I doubt I have handed over more than £100 in cash. A bit of small change for a car park, but everything is card or Apple Pay today. Who the hell seriously uses cash? 

The Bald Bloke does. Never use a card or that contact less thing. The only time i use my card is for online car/ bike insurance. Never carry one. Always cash. Think i might be in the minority :D

11,956 Caveman Stock Photos and Images - 123RF

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Apologies if this is elsewhere but whats the cost for tonight  

Admission has been set at

£16 for Adults

£14 for OAP/Students

£5 kids aged between 10-17

and free for under 10's

A Family Ticket for 2x Adults and 2x 10-17year olds £37