British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Lahti riding for the Swedish championship and for Finland in the same year - nonsense, it’s one or the other, but not both.

My thoughts exactly, but Lahti only did what others had already done.

And actually I think Lahti has ridden in both individual finals the same year... FI and SE.

5 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Lahti riding for the Swedish championship and for Finland in the same year - nonsense, it’s one or the other, but not both.

Depends on the rules of the national championships.

If you're a dual-national or dual-licence, then why shouldn't be able to ride in both? Might even be a requirement of holding a particular licence. 

11 minutes ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

Depends on the rules of the national championships.

If you're a dual-national or dual-licence, then why shouldn't be able to ride in both? Might even be a requirement of holding a particular licence. 

We are open, Sweden only for Svemo licence.

Like many other, Lahti has dual passport, FMN license from Svemo and FIM license from SML.

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

no bigger bewley fan than me but no where near up to it he will stay at the reserve under 21 for the event they will have to bring someone in ??? lawson worrall ???

As the only other rider who has been racing reasonably regularly in 2020 I can’t see past Bewley to partner Lambert if Woffy doesn’t make it, less than ideal but we won’t win it without Tai anyway so might as well get Kemp over as the U21 and give those young lads the experience for this year. 

19 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

that's because he has took a polish licence out can't ride for russia !!

He can, but maybe they won't pick him ? I know they had some problem with Latvia for choosing Laguta as their wildcard and Laguta was supposedly trying to gain Latvian citizenship, but failed the language test

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

But surely Dan Bewley will be there, as the U21 rider?     What UK need is a second senior rider, who - - in this emergency - - must obviously be  Bomber, no? 

Completely and utterly pointless IMO. 

5 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

As the only other rider who has been racing reasonably regularly in 2020 I can’t see past Bewley to partner Lambert if Woffy doesn’t make it, less than ideal but we won’t win it without Tai anyway so might as well get Kemp over as the U21 and give those young lads the experience for this year. 

Agree, Dan Bewley has had this season in the top division in Poland, we can't shield all our young riders for ever, isn't this Dan's last year as an under 21. 2 days of SON will be great experience, as it will be for Robert Lambert leading the team. Lambert, Bewley plus an under 21 rider for me 

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Agreed, see if Kemp or Brennan want it and give experience to a rider who will learn from it. We have no chance of winning without Tai. Calls for Harris to go are baffling. 

20 hours ago, andout said:

When Chug took out Polish Citizenship, he pledged to ride as a Pole and not a Russian.

Who did he make this pledge to?

14 hours ago, crescent girl said:

But surely Dan Bewley will be there, as the U21 rider?     What UK need is a second senior rider, who - - in this emergency - - must obviously be  Bomber, no? 

I think I saw Bomber on Twitter saying he loved the track where it's going to be staged... and that was before Woffy's injury!