British Speedway Forum

9 hours ago, MunichMassive said:

Any chance of getting a refund for the tickets? Me and my friends cant be there at the end of october. I also have to check if i can get a refund for the flight tickets from Lufthansa. 

So if anybody wants them, i'm selling 6 Tickts for the SON Final at Manchester, located on the Main Grandstand.

As the grandstand has sold out I think you stand a very good chance of someone buying them from you. 

19 hours ago, MunichMassive said:

Any chance of getting a refund for the tickets? Me and my friends cant be there at the end of october. I also have to check if i can get a refund for the flight tickets from Lufthansa. 

So if anybody wants them, i'm selling 6 Tickts for the SON Final at Manchester, located on the Main Grandstand.

If refunds are not given it would be one of the biggest mistakes the sport has made.      Fans would be turned off the sport at a time when they are needed most.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MunichMassive said:

13 minutes ago, Mark said:

If refunds are not given it would be one of the biggest mistakes the sport has made.      Fans would be turned off the sport at a time when they are needed most.

Giving the circumstances I am sure that if anyone cant make the re-arranged dates and is wanting a refund they will get one.

1 hour ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just had a email from speedway gp regarding the SON , they are NOT refunding tickets for the re-arranged date as per their terms and conditions , but if the event in October is cancelled they will refund. 

Poor show from them.Might have to change their Terms and conditions for future ticket sales,I certainly would think twice .

1 hour ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just had a email from speedway gp regarding the SON , they are NOT refunding tickets for the re-arranged date as per their terms and conditions , but if the event in October is cancelled they will refund.

Surely that cannot be so.

BSI are known as being paragons of virtue, round these parts.

Poor from bsi even tho it does state this in their terms and conditions. I've had another event moved to the Saturday of the son so can only attend the Sunday now. Will decide nearer the time whether to sell my tickets. I've a feeling it won't be going ahead tho

4 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Very poor from BSI, there are bound to be people who either cant or dont want to go to the re-arranged date. BSI need to understand that people bought their tickets in good faith about seeing a meeting. Had the meeting been called off due to the weather I suppose they have an argument but not under these circumstances, as I say very poor IMO. Maybe if their contact wasn't coming to an end they would care a bit more.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tigeratheart said:

Awful. 

2 hours ago, bruno said:

Poor from bsi even tho it does state this in their terms and conditions. I've had another event moved to the Saturday of the son so can only attend the Sunday now. Will decide nearer the time whether to sell my tickets. I've a feeling it won't be going ahead tho

I have read the terms and conditions.    Selling tickets even at face value is not allowed.    But I would tell them to stuff that.

46 minutes ago, a4poster said:

Manchester at the end of October in a City that is synonymous with rain? 

but the National Speedway Stadium has proved in the short time since it opened in 2016 that it can hold raceable meetings when others tracks have failed.

Add to that, the BLRC used to be held in October at Hyde Road stadium, and that is only a few hundred yeards down the road - same weather patterns..

3 hours ago, a4poster said:

Manchester at the end of October in a City that is synonymous with rain? 

I ve twice been at wet meetings there, one where the rain was torrential pre meeting, and had a couple of heavy downpours during the meeting. The racing was as good (if not better then some mega hot days) as any of my other visits.

I dont have tickets but wouldn't think twice about travelling even if the forecast was ropey, if I did have.