British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, KeirStarmerFan said:

(...) he has just won Russia the world cup.

You call it "cup"... and I call it CRAP.

Bring back Daily Mirror Tournament of 1973...then we can talk about CUP...if not that then a minimum of 5 riders from each competing nation...and if not even that, ten four riders as we used to have few years back...two ridewrs don't make a team... its a pair and I don't have argument with this. So don't call "cup", don't call it SoN, byt call what it is..Pairs Championship

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, PolskiZuzel said:

You call it "cup"... and I call it CRAP.

Bring back Daily Mirror Tournament of 1973...then we can talk about CUP...if not that then a minimum of 5 riders from each competing nation...and if not even that, ten four riders as we used to have few years back...two ridewrs don't make a team... its a pair and I don't have argument with this. So don't call "cup", don't call it SoN, byt call what it is..Pairs Championship

That wouldn't have changed the result.

Russia could have used Grigory Laguta and Vadim Tarasenko who are two top riders.

You just have to accept that this era belongs to Russia, they have the best speedway riders and are world champions.

Edited by KeirStarmerFan

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ceislaks ego cost Poland. Thought he was bigger than what was right for his nation. 

...and this is the first ( and perhaps last) time that I agree with Steve Shovlar.

There are better riders in Poland than Wozniak, but because Janowski and Pawlicki last year had doctor's certificate to prove that they were not feeling well enough to represent Poland in

a "mickey mouse'" international, he rejected them this year Poland's representatives in a FIM event. Shame.

18 minutes ago, Marksman said:

So Australia rode their 4 heats against the teams who finished in the top 4,  Russia, Poland, Denmark and Sweden.. If they'd got to ride against GB and the Czechs they would of been making the top 3 easily, just shows how ridiculous calling a meeting part-way through is. Mark Lemon was quite right to be a bit pissed off!

But thats a very basic rule in speedway, after 50% of the meeting the results can be declared. Sometimes it goes your way, more often it dont.

Just now, Grand Central said:

I wish I was not a speedway supporter sometimes.

Tonight was one of those those times.

Noting about this weekend or the SON will ever redeem things.

Speedway has changed and you either embrace that future or you walk away from it

It was and is an insular sport and that insular state is choking the sport to death  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Clemens said:

Speedway has changed and you either embrace that future or you walk away from it

It was and is an insular sport and that insular state is choking the sport to death  

I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Thankfully.

Edited by Grand Central

3 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about.

Thankfully

It will come to you as time goes by 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HOPEFULLY that will change 

Hopefully, and with a better choice of when to run it we might well not get the complete farce tonight’s match was.

That meeting was a dreadful advert for the sport and should never have started.

• Like 5