British Speedway Forum

SEC 2020 - 5th round Torun Wednesday July 29th live on Eurosport

5 minutes ago, Terry said:

I can't imagine anybody would disagree with that. The guy was a genius on a bike.

My bias would always put Zenon Plech 2nd!

Pedersen and Hancock imho are on the podium of greatest speedway rider. Plech wasn't in the era of when speedway was really a sport. I mean those weren't the times when we could say speedway riders were professionals as sportsmen

Edited by Falubaz

4 minutes ago, Terry said:

I can't imagine anybody would disagree with that. The guy was a genius on a bike.

My bias would always put Zenon Plech 2nd!

Plech I hardly saw but don’t think many would argue with that!

Id put Zmarzlik 2nd right now tho. 

Just now, Falubaz said:

Pedersen and Hancock imho are on the podium of greatest speedway rider. Plech wasn't in the era of when speedway was really a sport.

you mean when there were 120,000 spectators at Katowice in the 70's!!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Falubaz said:

Pedersen and Hancock imho are on the podium of greatest speedway rider. Plech wasn't in the era of when speedway was really a sport. I mean those weren't the times when we could say speedway riders were professionals as sportsmen

Have you heard of Ivan Mauger?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, screm said:

Personally speaking I have never had Lambert and Bewley in the same level.

Neither have I. In fact I have yet to see anyone suggest they are.

Robert has years on Dan.

In the future however, there is every chance he may and that is great news for British speedway.

2 hours ago, Falubaz said:

Yup. He's nowhere close to the best speedway rider in history Tomasz Gollob. Gollob dominated whole world speedway even when he didn't win SGP

Best speedway rider in history ???...it looks that you were born too late to appreciate the earlier speedway masters .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Falubaz said:

Yup. He's nowhere close to the best speedway rider in history Tomasz Gollob. Gollob dominated whole world speedway even when he didn't win SGP

So he was the biggest bottler in the history of the sport then if what you say is true.

Track obviously caught some riders out but still a pretty good meeting. 

Robert looking very good once again but good to hear from his interview that his feet are on the ground. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Weird, unpredictable Torun track didn't make for the best entertainment, especially early on.  That said Lambert's first outing, heat 4(?), was probably the pick of the heats.  Woryna exclusion was wrong.  Madsen very up & down, Zmarzlik won't retain world title on that form.  But Lambert is joint top of leader board & roll on Wednesday in Bydgoszcz

• Like 1