British Speedway Forum

AGM

sancho

5 minutes ago, ch958 said:

can't you girls do this via pm - i log on to see whats happening and see only petty crap i don't want to hear about. 

I do apologise. I honestly didn't expect him to come back with stuff like this...

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I was wondering about that. I'm not so sure we have had in recent times as they try and make a big fuss at the end. If the conference is over 3 days, I guess today is the "wash up" on the 2019 season before they sit down tomorrow to sort out 2020.

Kent/Eastbourne/Poole would make a nice little 3-team tournament at some stage but not Craven Shield format.

That’s it, Craven Shield. I liked that.

On 11/12/2019 at 8:28 PM, moxey63 said:

Not being funny, and don't want to be arrested (again) for questioning. But usually, this topic is bouncing by now. The thread is over a day old and yet is struggling to generate much interest and is limping along like a rider's sick bike who's been advised to drop his average and go as slow as possible.

Perhaps there might be another thread?

Whilst you post a lot of good points regarding the problems in our sport, you are the only one who seems to be pleased that it's struggling. Can't help but find that sad to be honest. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Chunky, your post are always topical and worth reading across varied threads, don’t get dragged down by sad people

I do appreciate your input. I enjoy a bit of banter, but sometimes - like today - it was a little much. Sorry...

2 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

In previous years haven't we had updates during the AGM, even if it's a rather generic statement?

Promoters are not allowed to issue their own statements, the official BSPA statement is compiled about Sunday teatime and either issued then or the following morning.  

51 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Promoters are not allowed to issue their own statements, the official BSPA statement is compiled about Sunday teatime and either issued then or the following morning.  

Looks like Redcar are beating the BSPA then by having a ' forum ' on Saturday evening to inform their fans of the AGM outcomes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

I do appreciate your input. I enjoy a bit of banter, but sometimes - like today - it was a little much. Sorry...

I've made the same mistake too often. Don't be discouraged, you talk sense and make very relevant posts. Too many here just out to tear others down rather than help speedway. Egos can be terrible things. 

• Like 1

I have heard of Barry Briggs, you might say that.  One of my uncles, after many years of hearing me prattle on about speedway (guilty), one day out of the blue said "Did I ever mention I used to watch speedway, at Wimbledon when I worked in London, someone called Barry Briggs rode for them".  No, he hadn't....

Edited by martinmauger
alledged improved grammar