British Speedway Forum

Swindon Robins 2020

4 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Personally I think the robins will return to the abbey but it will be in exactly the same state as when they left it.  
I think a lot depends on the health of Terry Russell and his will to continue. Does anyone know how Terry is ??

Terry Russell was at Kent the other week walking with the aid of a stick. He looked healthy & the stick seemed to be just in case.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Technik said:

Terry Russell was at Kent the other week walking with the aid of a stick. He looked healthy & the stick seemed to be just in case.

But would Terry want to go back to Swindon with the state of speedway at the present time.  I don't think he would and don't think anyone would blame him. 

14 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

But would Terry want to go back to Swindon with the state of speedway at the present time.  I don't think he would and don't think anyone would blame him. 

I have no clue. You would need to ask him. I just saw him at Kent before the meeting in the pits area & I think he spent the night with Len Silver. As for his business that's none of mine

On 8/10/2021 at 6:51 PM, Technik said:

I have no clue. You would need to ask him. I just saw him at Kent before the meeting in the pits area & I think he spent the night with Len Silver. As for his business that's none of mine

Doesn't he live in Kent?!

And still no sign of action as we move toward autumn. It seems we've just given up now. Where's the fan club that was so vocal back in the day? Are they just resigned to losing the Robins? Why aren't the Adver trying to get answers? I realise they lift most of their "news" from Facebook these days but there must still be one old fashioned reporter up there with a pencil behind his ear?

Between the useless SBC, who care for little but more houses, and the stadium owners, who truly speak with fork tongue, it seems they've truly played a blinder. And being lied to is an even more bitter pill to swallow than the loss of the speedway. 

But then our hand was pretty weak against people who are more interested in money than being honest and doing what they've said all along that they would do.

Edited by BuzzCagney
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2021 at 12:44 AM, Trees said:

It would be great to get an update on the Swindon situation, I'd certainly want to be knowing if I was a Swindon fan!

Sounds like they're being strung along just like whenever magnificent Mick Horton was asked about the search for a new stadium for Coventry!

42 minutes ago, iainb said:

Sounds like they're being strung along just like whenever magnificent Mick Horton was asked about the search for a new stadium for Coventry!

We haven't heard anything  from him for such a long time , perhaps he's searching so far away now that there is no form of communication available there.;)

• Haha 1