British Speedway Forum

Swindon Robins 2020

5 hours ago, arnieg said:

Swindon  railway station to Calcot is just 44 minutes according to Google maps.

"We did consider moving to Calcot but unfortunately Terry and Clark had to stop to relieve themselves during the journey, and consequently the drive took 47 minutes, so outside of our requirements. We keep trying. We're doing all we can."

• Haha 4

On 11/13/2022 at 8:55 AM, arnieg said:

Swindon  railway station to Calcot is just 44 minutes according to Google maps.

Newbury Showground would be good for Reading and Swindon (and, indeed, Oxfrod) fans. Expecially those who live in Newbury. Like, er... me.

It's within 45 minutes of all of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

So Swindon are working flat out to find a new track, despite already having a perfectly serviceable track.

Now they're going to be working flat out to get new track equipment, despite having just sold perfectly good track equipment.

They do love a challenge.

The Scenario we have is this...

Speedway at a brand new purpose built stadium...

On the same site that has showcased the sport for decades...

In a well populated town where pretty much everyone will have heard of Swindon Speedway at some stage...

With a great many of them knowing exactly where it is and will at some stage have visited....

And also got decent crowds which were some of the best in the country...

Isn"t "viable"....

Yet.. 

Building a completely new track "somewhere" within a 45 minute radius of this well populated town with a tradition for following Speedway in numbers, seemingly WILL be "viable"...

All very "strange" isnt it?

Are the dogs still going by the way? As wasnt that the issue Swindon Speedway wouldnt be viable..?

If so, I presume the dogs will go with them "somewhere" within a 45 minute radius too, as they appear to be fundamental to Speedways success..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

They should call it Robin B’Stards.

I'd truly like to get up there with a shaker can and rework that Coming Soon advertising.

Just remember, at the next election, on the unlikely off chance you are struggling to find a reason not to vote Conservative, Justin Tomlimson completely failed us despite all his chat. 

I once told him we wouldn't forget if he messed this up. Well, mess it up he did.

Edited by BuzzCagney

14 minutes ago, SSL84 said:

Any track could have bought the track equipment, but the strange thing is it had to be moved with in a week?  

I understand why they do it, liquidising their assets, just has a finality about it. I'm guessing Leicester were keen to get on with their "improvements"