British Speedway Forum

Swindon Robins 2020

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

They are still running greyhounds there aren't they?

As far as speedway is concerned, its all looking good imo. Pits are being re-located. Main stand (series of portakabin-type units) will be on the old back straight as per the plans.

Acoustic sound-proofing barrier walls to be erected!

Yes greyhounds but they don't make the noise speedway does and with the houses so close there will be many complaints .

I sincerely hope the Swindon's Robin does still go bob bob bobbing along long into the future.

That said, whether houses were there before or not can be irrelevant because residents who have lived there before may like the peace and quiet all the time now.

As soon as the bikes start up again......:cry:

Well let's hope the acoustic barrier etc appeases the locals and Swindon get the green light to race again :t:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 3:30 PM, PotteringAround said:

They have one woman at Belle Vue who constantly complains about the noise.... even through the close season.

We can beat that at Perry Barr! We had one woman who complained about the noise on a Saturday evening - when the Brummies were racing away at Rye House! When we wrote to point this out to her, she still insisted that she could hear the noise and also felt ill because of the smell of the petrol!!!

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

If they've taken away the grass banking at Blunsdon, the only other option would be to install terracing.

And I can't see that happening.

They've got a few artic trailers that they'd have us believe is going to be the new stand. It doesn't look impressive to me.

zOWspvR.png

Edited by BuzzCagney

On 12/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, brianbuck said:

We can beat that at Perry Barr! We had one woman who complained about the noise on a Saturday evening - when the Brummies were racing away at Rye House! When we wrote to point this out to her, she still insisted that she could hear the noise and also felt ill because of the smell of the petrol!!!

Used to be a woman who complained about Hull in the Boulevard days, she lived about a mile away from the stadium & reckoned she got hit by stones when hanging out her washing.  This also somehow happened when the Vikings were in fact riding away, perhaps they were at Birmingham :rolleyes:....

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It doesn't need to be impressive - just functional.

For the promised £6m I need to be impressed. We've been fobbed off for too long. I want to see an investment in the future not some slapdash job. Swindon as a town deserves something nice. God knows the council aren't interested.

4 hours ago, BuzzCagney said:

For the promised £6m I need to be impressed. We've been fobbed off for too long. I want to see an investment in the future not some slapdash job. Swindon as a town deserves something nice. God knows the council aren't interested.

How many parking spaces will be available outside the stadium? Very much reduced from the old days I would imagine - if so are there other parking options.