British Speedway Forum

Swindon Robins 2020

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

Actually, the website for the original sales for the homes listed the speedway stadium as a local amenity and a positive selling point. I know, because I looked.

Tell that to the family who buy/bought the house that backs right onto the pits!

People still buy houses near major Airports. A speedway meeting typically last about 2 hours, roughly in those 2 hours there is

10 mins warm up in the pits

30 mins rider announcement and music

2 mins pit to gate inc gardening

15 mins racing.

So in a typical Speedway meeting there is less than 1 hour of interrupted noise once a week/fortnight.

Not a lot of noise really is there.  

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 5:05 PM, Grachan said:

Actually, the website for the original sales for the homes listed the speedway stadium as a local amenity and a positive selling point. I know, because I looked.

I'm glad you have so much spare time. Did you not find it laughable? Might have been an idea to share this gem here. Better late than never and it's never too late to savour deep irony.

To get back to the point, whether the track was built on the original footprint or the revised one of a few yards away, anyone thinking there won't be serious noise problems is living in dreamland. And at that point I shall leave you all there. This is becoming a circular argument and being abused by those more interested in scoring points off others. 

Sweet dreams!

4 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

I'm glad you have so much spare time. Did you not find it laughable? Might have been an idea to share this gem here. Better late than never and it's never too late to savour deep irony.

To get back to the point, whether the track was built on the original footprint or the revised one of a few yards away, anyone thinking there won't be serious noise problems is living in dreamland. And at that point I shall leave you all there. This is becoming a circular argument and being abused by those more interested in scoring points off others. 

Sweet dreams!

It didn't take long. I looked it up several years ago, when they were doing the initial selling, and I'm pretty sure I did post it at the time.

Do you have an attitude problem in real life or is it just on the internet?

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Grachan said:

It didn't take long. I looked it up several years ago, when they were doing the initial selling, and I'm pretty sure I did post it at the time.

Do you have an attitude problem in real life or is it just on the internet?

I am pretty sure you didn't. 

No I don't have an attitude problem, just a problem with those who keep niggling away at people which I have noticed with you for a while now. You begin to see a pattern of behaviour in people.

As for whether my approach here is different to my approach in life? Of course it is, I wouldn't let someone like you and several other forum members anywhere near me in real life.

Ironically Swindon's my nearest track but it isn't the kind of place I'd want to spend to much time or money at. Not the nicest or best-informed of supporters, rather like Poole. 

Edited by RobMcCaffery

48 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

No I don't have an attitude problem, just a problem with those who keep niggling away at people which I have noticed with you for a while now. You begin to see a pattern of behaviour in people.

As for whether my approach here is different to my approach in life? Of course it is, I wouldn't let someone like you and several other forum members anywhere near me in real life.

Ironically Swindon's my nearest track but it isn't the kind of place I'd want to spend to much time or money at. Not the nicest or best-informed of supporters, rather like Poole. 

I very much doubt long standing loyal supporters like Grachan or any of the others including me who you have picked fights with in the past would be seen dead with you at the speedway, so don't flatter yourself bus-boy.

• Like 4

On 2/22/2020 at 10:28 PM, RobMcCaffery said:

Always love a nice bit of irony!!!!!  Or should that be 'bitter irony'?

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, charlie17 said:

Crikey Rob Mc you sound like a fun sort of guy...

I am charlie17, but with the right people. They give it out, they get it straight back at them. Prefer it if they had the brains to behave themselves.

• Haha 1

The feelings mutual, quite a relief actually, nearly as much as it is not to have to endure you on Sky anymore :cheers: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought I remembered Grachan posting something similar before so I've done a quick check and found these 2 posts which confirm he did..

On 3/11/2017 at 8:34 AM, Grachan said:

On 2/20/2018 at 11:18 AM, Grachan said:

Is there a link to these objections anywhere? I've always been relatively positive about this happening, but once the developers start objecting then the slope gets more slippery. At the moment, literature online makes it clear that the stadium is right next door and lists it as a local amenity.

One thing, I think, that Swindon have in their favour over clubs like Reading and Coventry is an enthusiastic and determined promotion, plus a lot of backing from the local government. If this does fall through I feel that there will, eventually, be another track built somewhere. I do wonder if they shouldn't be looking at options down that route anyway just in case.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

I thought I remembered Grachan posting something similar before so I've done a quick check and found these 2 posts which confirm he did..

Looking forward to Rob saying sorry

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Interesting thing about the link is that it no longer mentions the speedway as a leisure facility, whereas it did at the time of posting.

• Sad 1