British Speedway Forum

Swindon Robins 2020

Just shows the points limit must be right, top heavy teams, strength in depth,  good reserves, best top 5 etc. All differing opinions on here which will work, and expect they'll be an 'Ipswich' this season which nobody will expect to get to the final. I think Swindon are favourites, but its nice not to be sure. 

8 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Going to be very close!!! everyone of the below could be argued the other IMO 

Doyle vs Pedersen = Doyle 

Batch vs Holder = Holder 

Jensen vs Graj = Jensen 

Ellis vs Lawson = Ellis (In the championship id say Lawson) 

Perks vs Howarth = Howarth 

Rowe vs Morris = Morris 

Stewart vs Kurtz = Stewart 

That's who I tgink will have the better season of the two but im not confident in any of it to be honest 

Holder over Batch is a big NO from me as would take Batch every time.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, acef said:

Huge risk going 2 points under the limit and that looks to be the case.

It's solid but you are now totally reliant on people upping there averages.

Dangerous game to play and imo just not enough firepower in that team.

However given the split we will see in the league this season you will comfortably make the play offs.

We can already pick the top 4, before a wheel is turned

As we’ve not seen the other 3 yet I wouldn’t totally rule them out.

Think it’s a mistake to rule out Ipswich again as they comfortably made the top 4 this year before Iversen was signed.

Id be careful ruling them out again.

As for Wolves, makes no sense to build 2 points below limit but even still a decent side if the duo sign. 

3 hours ago, acef said:

A wagging tail as ever with a Rossiter team and no doubt a change will be made in the course of the season.

He's very good at this. Swindon imo will again win the league however premature that may sound.

He had to lose Musielak Ace who is a class act and it annoys me that we have had to do that.Your club never planned for Max to miss the season why?? personally i love watching Fricke  rate him and would love him to get a top 8 but surely you should of planned without him?.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He had to lose Musielak Ace who is a class act and it annoys me that we have had to do that.Your club never planned for Max to miss the season why?? personally i love watching Fricke  rate him and would love him to get a top 8 but surely you should of planned without him?.

I'm not entirely sure how we could plan for something like that other than to replace him, which we have done. 

Half the league next season will operate without a recognised number 1, given we have lost one of the best in the division but still start with an and out number 1 seems like a decent solution to me.

17 hours ago, acef said:

Huge risk going 2 points under the limit and that looks to be the case.

It's solid but you are now totally reliant on people upping there averages.

Dangerous game to play and imo just not enough firepower in that team.

However given the split we will see in the league this season you will comfortably make the play offs.

We can already pick the top 4, before a wheel is turned

Let’s hope it’s not that predictable. For what it’s worth I don’t think it will be. 

• Like 1

Looks another good side built from Swindon but obviously much weaker than last year but thats due to having to break up a side of improvers

Musielek and Vissing replaced by Stewart and Rowe who arent going to be close to scoring what the other two did

Team reliant on Jensen maintaining his average , And Ellis and Perks improving theirs

Still looks like a play off side for sure

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

Think Stewart will out score vissing that's for sure.

If he is in the main body then he has to match Musielek not Vissing

Good team but not as good as last season....which was inevitable

Im hoping us at Ipswich can persuade Tobi to sign for us

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

If he is in the main body then he has to match Musielek not Vissing

Good team but not as good as last season....which was inevitable

Im hoping us at Ipswich can persuade Tobi to sign for us

With the stupid team limits there is no way he can be expected to match Tobi's scoring, but he may improve after the first few months

3 minutes ago, pitstop84 said:

But will he not be at reserve?

Unless 4 is lower than 3.49 he will not be at reserve :)

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2019 at 11:29 AM, Bagpuss said:

Let’s hope it’s not that predictable. For what it’s worth I don’t think it will be. 

I'm afraid it will be.

Unless Ipswich can convince NKI it's going to be a very easy top 4 to call.

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

Looks another good side built from Swindon but obviously much weaker than last year but thats due to having to break up a side of improvers

Musielek and Vissing replaced by Stewart and Rowe who arent going to be close to scoring what the other two did

Team reliant on Jensen maintaining his average , And Ellis and Perks improving theirs

Still looks like a play off side for sure

I don't think it's that with Swindon. You just know they will make a change at some point that will make up the point deficit because no way is that tail winning a title. That's the only reason I'm backing them for the league because that top 4 with one addition and it's game over 

It's how Swindon operate. 

• Like 1