British Speedway Forum

Swindon Robins 2020

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I still think it is quite clever team building by Swindon. I assume it is a lot easier to replace lower end riders if you need a change rather than HL's, with most top riders not interested. Plus you know pretty much what you are going to get from Batch and JD now. 

Spot on Lisa and Alun will have other options if certain lower end team members dont cut it. But we are not usually a promotion who change for the sake of it we normally give every rider every opportunity.

45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Batch for me was the one to go.

He’s unlikely to improve his home and away averages, whereas Rasmus should improve away and Ellis and Musielak will improve both.

Musielak isn't likely to improve his average as he won't be racing in the UK this season 

Edited by Reliant Robin

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Spot on Lisa and Alun will have other options if certain lower end team members dont cut it. But we are not usually a promotion who change for the sake of it we normally give every rider every opportunity.

true and it has paid off in recent years 

3 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

I agree with you on the draft system but have to disagree on grading 

Two things were wrong with the draft system.

Firstly, some clubs had protected assets.

Secondly, the reserves did not get averages and go into the 1-5.

Consequently, some teams derived an unfair advantage.

15 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

I agree with you on the draft system but have to disagree on grading 

No issues. :t:

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Two things were wrong with the draft system.

Firstly, some clubs had protected assets.

Secondly, the reserves did not get averages and go into the 1-5.

Consequently, some teams derived an unfair advantage.

It was similar to the Polish reserve system where they stay in reserve all season long. Obviously a similar situation because some teams have much better juniors than others. Bringing on assets should be rewarded not penalised imho.

19 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No issues. :t:

It was similar to the Polish reserve system where they stay in reserve all season long. Obviously a similar situation because some teams have much better juniors than others. Bringing on assets should be rewarded not penalised imho.

From memory, the only two draft reserves who had a 5 point lower league average in 2013 were Garrity and Newman.

The rest were considerably worse.

If they had all had their averages halved and had them count towards team building it would have been fairer.

Poole queue jumped to get Newman by saying he was their asset, despite him having never ridden for them.

Quite what they had done to “bring on” his career beforehand I do not know. Maybe a few second halves?

51 minutes ago, DC2 said:

From memory, the only two draft reserves who had a 5 point lower league average in 2013 were Garrity and Newman.

The rest were considerably worse.

If they had all had their averages halved and had them count towards team building it would have been fairer.

Poole queue jumped to get Newman by saying he was their asset, despite him having never ridden for them.

Quite what they had done to “bring on” his career beforehand I do not know. Maybe a few second halves?

No argument from me regards Newman. Completely used by Poole and dropped several times and did very little to bring on his career.

However not many top flight teams promote and push the career of their British assets. 

56 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

1. Jason Doyle 8.96
3. Rasmus Jensen 7.86   
4. Adam Ellis 6.33 (Reduction)
5. Troy Batchelor 8.82
7. Ellis Perks 3.48 (Reduction)

7.05 Remaining 

If the figures are correct..a 3pst reserve and 4.05 rider to be sort.. interesting thoughts too who they could be.. what would a  new Dane.swede or Australian  come in on .