British Speedway Forum

gp challenge 2020

4 minutes ago, full-throttle said:

so Zagar, KK and Berntzon, 

run off for 4th/5th, which will be required in case Zagar automatically qualifies for 2021

The 4th place is not automatically selected anymore. The FIM put in another wildcard

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

So Zagar can a stroll along in forthcoming GPs without a care in the world knowing he still be in GPs next year

It's probably a good case for holding the challenge after the SGP has been completed

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Balls, Adam not had much luck this evening. Did well to get off the bike as quickly as he did. 

Not disgraced himself at all tonight. Decent effort.

Lower back pain. I’m waiting on news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Thought it was an entertaining meeting and one that should be live every year.  Not much passing as expected but tense due to importance.

Rotten luck for Ukranian Loktaev who blew it when it mattered. And best wishes for Adam Ellis who came to life after his first two rides and would probably have ended with a decent 7 points if he hadn’t been Polaxed by KK. Hope he’s nothing but sore.

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

Does KK have his brother spannering for him? They look remarkably similar

Yes, twins maybe. Met them in Riga. 

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought it was an entertaining meeting and one that should be live every year.  Not much passing as expected but tense due to importance.

Rotten luck for Ukranian Loktaev who blew it when it mattered. And best wishes for Adam Ellis who came to life after his first two rides and would probably have ended with a decent 7 points if he hadn’t been Polaxed by KK. Hope he’s nothing but sore.

I thought there was quite a few passes, better than most polish league I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, eric i said:

I thought there was quite a few passes, better than most polish league I've seen.

Agree. Enjoyed the different track which required thought, not just throttle. Berntzon was gifted 3 points, when I think Locktaev deserved a place. 

5 minutes ago, eric i said:

Dudek and magic less likely to get a wildcard now kasperzak is in.

I think if either finish outside they are likely to get a wild card pick.

But it means Pi. Pawlicki, Drabik or Smektala are unlikely to get a shot no matter they perform for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Agree. Enjoyed the different track which required thought, not just throttle. Berntzon was gifted 3 points, when I think Locktaev deserved a place. 

Not for me... Loctaev fell off by himself, Berntzon can't control what other riders are doing. Would have liked to have seen Loktaev make it though, just to freshen the series up a bit... Too much mediocrity in there at the moment