British Speedway Forum

workington ..

These went in the wrong way round as this is standing on the back straight looking at bends 3 and 4 the picture previous was taken from the roadway at the top of the bend but you can see where the roadway is and the ramp at the end of the banking

IMG-20220625-WA0023.jpg

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think he is spoken for... when he's not racing he will be grading during heats...

Would definitely up the average age of an NDL team that's for sure but I still think he could show these youngsters a thing or two...

Lines up alongside Armo, Tony Atkin, Hurry and Complin. Wouldn't be bottom in the NDL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Who was it who said "Build it and the people will come"?

With the effort that is going in here I sure hope they do...

Regards
THJ

that line is  right T its taken from a field of dreams , the line is people will come  ( i was wrong } i thought it was , build it and they will come  .

a. field of dreams , who would have thought this dream would be on our doorstep . it just get better by the day . well done EVERYONE ][

Edited by jenga
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jenga said:

that line is  right T its taken from a field of dreams , the line is people will come  ( i was wrong } i thought it was , build it and they will come  .

a. field of dreams , who would have thought this dream would be on our doorstep . it just get better by the day . well done EVERYONE ][

Jenga or is it Barry Norman? 

That was one of them rhetorical question as I know what film it was from... and so does everyone else I would guess... I only asked it to get you thinking and for humorous effect... so thanks for participating... pleased it worked...

However if I need the answer I would ask for it to be put on a post card...

Regards

THJ 

• Haha 2

Last few pages reminded me of Wolves getting a roasting at Blantye in 1981. Steve Lawson and Cribby gave a master class of how to attack a 'dodgy prepared track'. 

Does Cribby still get his ice bike out these days. That would be great to see at the New Worky!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lefty said:

Last few pages reminded me of Wolves getting a roasting at Blantye in 1981. Steve Lawson and Cribby gave a master class of how to attack a 'dodgy prepared track'. 

Does Cribby still get his ice bike out these days. That would be great to see at the New Worky!

Think  Bruce did some laps on his ice bike round the IOW track last year.

• Like 2

Back to where we started on the raised viewing area on the home straight and no one will be allowed at the fence round the track there will/should be a secondary fence at the top of the banking... no one will be allowed at the fence around the track viewing will be at least a minimum of 3 meters above the track and approximately 5 meters back on the home straight and 10 metres back on the back straight and hopefully that's clear enough for Mr Nil Imagination @Steve Shovlar

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
missed out key words
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Back to where we started on the raised viewing area on the home straight and no one will be allowed at the fence round the track there will/should be a secondary fence at the top of the banking... no one will be allowed at the fence around the track viewing will be at least a minimum of 3 meters above the track and approximately 5 meters back on the home straight and 10 metres back on the back straight and hopefully that's clear enough for Mr Nil Imagination @Steve Shovlar

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

Bet he will have something to complain about, maybe how far Poole is away fra worky so he can see speedway on a decent track:party:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

IMG-20220625-WA0033.jpg

Exactly what I said so you agree with me. I will look out for your apology.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Exactly what I said so you agree with me. I will look out for your apology.

What a tool you antagonistic old "Raspberry Tart" you would have to kiss my big fat Geordie posterior Biffa before that's ever gonna happen...

On the centre green as well... in front of a full house...

Regards 

THJ 

• Haha 1

Another poster who posts abuse but when I am proved correct doesn’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. No surprise to be honest. Shame he can’t live up to his name.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Another poster who posts abuse but when I am proved correct doesn’t have the humility to admit they were wrong. No surprise to be honest. Shame he can’t live up to his name.

He's proper on one today!,,, maybe it just comes natural?,,, woe betide anyone that criticises anything he's involved with, whether in jest or not.

Edited by ruffdiamond

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 5:52 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at the photo, the second safety fence would have to fit in around the bottom of the earth mound. So all that pile of earth needs to be cleared away, the trees demolished and a stand erected. Lots of work to do!

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 6:04 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Are ye Bob The Builder like? It will be right without your help thanks Marra...

If your team ever get here you can come and spend your money... just dont ask for credit cos a smack in the mouth often offends...

Regards 

THJ

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 7:52 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes I will come up if Workington are in the same league, and will introduce myself. So you are saying fans are going to be allowed to stand right next to the track? I somehow doubt it. There has to be at least 8-10 metres between track and where fans can stand. Looking at the photo that would roughly be at the bottom of the earth mound. 

So the earth would have to be cleared away. Not sure why you have taken offence at the bleeding obvious. 

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 8:14 PM, crescent girl said:

Where do you get 8-10 metres from?

Two metres, more like....

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 8:44 PM, JC81 said:

regulations state there must be a 2 meter 'neutral' zone. So 8-10 meters is incorrect and by the pics I've seen of the track if your standing on the banks you are at least 5 meters away at top.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 11:03 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

At the bottom of the "earth mound" as you put it will be the roadway to the tractor area and the top of the "earth mound" 10 metres away will be where the viewing will be... so dont assume the bleeding obvious when it is bleedin obvious you havent got a clue (as usual) what you are on about...

However I will be there over the weekend weather permitting and just for you I will take a couple of pictures... do you have any preference where I should take them from? Mr David Bailey? Because its bleedin obvious that you will be an expert in photograpy for sure... or will you be happy with a few random snappies?

Here is something else that is bleeding obvious because the track is being set in a bowl the viewing will be exceptional and the the track will certainly match the NSS and I would be happy to put my neck on the block and say now it will be deemed as the best track in the country bar none because the guys have had a blank canvass to work with... and they are doing an exceptional job...

Must be great being an expert 380 miles from the job and looking at Photographs... reminds me of a Building Surveyor I once knew who said he would work at any height you wanted as long he could keep one foot on the floor and his other favourite saying was send me a picture I am allergic to the outside...

Regards 

THJ

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2022 at 11:44 PM, magnus said:

Well said THJ. 

I shake my head in disbelief and think the lads should start 'shovlar'en some shi#e'.. lol....

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 7:59 AM, Neila said:

Wait till it's finished before you start being picky :D The guys are doing a great job and taking a great risk in the present speedway or financial climate 

• Thanks 1