British Speedway Forum

workington ..

Workington’s revival is what makes Speedway special. The people behind this venture need to understand because of them, speedway has a future. Kids and adults for years to come can enjoy this sport in Workington because of them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Adding to my previous post, the Chemical Formula for Methanol is CH3OH and when this is used as a fuel

produces Methane CH4 gas and normal Water H2O, the latter can condense in the tail pipe of the exhaust or

be ejected as steam vapour, neither of these compounds have any smell.

I remember years ago adding a small amount of Castol R to my petrol for my motorcycle, just so as I passed

by people could get a faint wiff of destinctive smell of the burnt oil, at no time could I smell it as I long since

travelled down the road and after a while stopped doing this as it really wasn't worth the cost of adding it.

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 2

On 6/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, jenga said:

Spectacular looking track . i can almost smell the methanol .

6 hours ago, scampispeedway said:

Jenga, you said quote I like to smell the Methanol, that is not the same as the smell that comes out of the exhaust

pipe on a speedway bike which is from the oil not the fuel..

Sorry prof , i dont see the word LIKE in any of my posts  . D _ for you for not being able to read . were you a janitor @ uni ?

some quote that ! 

Edited by jenga
i dont need a reason !

Jenga, alright you are correct but you did say that you love the smell of Methanols but I'm correct

when I say Methanol has no smell, as regards my job for over 20 years I was a Teaching Laboratory

Technician after getting my Chemical Technician Certificate where I set up the Laboratory for students

doing there higher Chemistry Degrees bdefore going on to becoming Science Doctors.

The last 20 years I worked in the Chemistry Stores handling all the various solvents used in the Research

Laboratories as well as ordering items for the Department that were also required.

The University never employed Janitors like normal State Schools but did employ someone to look after

the general needs of the Building and did not need qualifications to do their job

Edited by scampispeedway
  • Like 1