British Speedway Forum

workington ..

On 12/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, jenga said:

maybe one day i may walk  into WH Smiths in Whitehaven and try and pick onE up .

Good luck with that venture Marra...I live in this 'jamland' and have not seen a Speedway Star in WHS for a long long while....shops in  nearby Worky still have it though.....

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:50 PM, singy13 said:

Good luck with that venture Marra...I live in this 'jamland' and have not seen a Speedway Star in WHS for a long long while....shops in  nearby Worky still have it though.....

i can see the shops in the other jamland still being sold from the 70s !  would i be able to get some up to date S.S.s from a wurky charity shop or even a local wucky shop selling up to date copies . ? 

roll on 22 !

On 12/30/2020 at 8:13 PM, jenga said:

i can see the shops in the other jamland still being sold from the 70s !  would i be able to get some up to date S.S.s from a wurky charity shop or even a local wucky shop selling up to date copies . ? 

roll on 22 !

Try supermarkets Morrisons always seem to have them on the magazine sections

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Only problem Liz, Jenga has short arms and deep pockets so won't buy a speedway star :D

thats not true. i can reach the top shelf. oops .

but i have trouble bending down and foraging through the gardening stuff to get what i want .

big trouble in little America . at the moment . 

going to put an all nighter in watching the news etc ...

Edited by jenga

Adding my 2p's worth cos I can't sleep and I'm bored, but tis true re; America, I have relatives in Florida who report "it's too cold to go outside".  Down to 75C during the day, :o the poor luvvies.  But seriously, a bad situation occuired at the Capitol....

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 9:31 AM, geoff100 said:

I worked on the buses for a while with jackos day allways had a smile on his face.

Can remember him driving the buses when I was going to school, always having a laugh with us kids

Edited by Neila
Word change

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yippee comets back on 1st page, but some people on the forum will want us removed :party:

How old are these pictures. It doesn't show any pits or other buildings. 

Genuine question(s) and not wishing to stir just know. Did the Comets go into administration or just opt out of running due to finances and stadium issues? The reason i ask is that its not always a straight forward to bring teams back that have folded otherwise half of the promotions would be trying the same trick and starting up under another name. I guess there is absolutely no reason why the Northside Comets couldn't operate out of a new venue.

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Genuine question(s) and not wishing to stir just know. Did the Comets go into administration or just opt out of running due to finances and stadium issues? The reason i ask is that its not always a straight forward to bring teams back that have folded otherwise half of the promotions would be trying the same trick and starting up under another name. I guess there is absolutely no reason why the Northside Comets couldn't operate out of a new venue.

I don't see why Workington Comets couldn't operate out of a new venue.  It's the ownership name that wouldn't (possibly) be allowed to operate.  The team name has nothing to do with ownership.

• Thanks 1