British Speedway Forum

workington ..

4 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

This one is coming out of bend 2 and looking up the back straight and you can see where the seating area will be on the banked area with the trees to the rear of the seating and you can also see the trackway in front of the banked area which is the roadway to the tractor compound and its "Bleedin Obvious" that 1. no one will be allowed to stand there and 2. it is a roadway why stand there when you will be able to sit high up on a vantage point overlooking to track and 3. keep usng the imagination because its "Bleedin Obvious" the thing isn't finished yet...

IMG-20220625-WA0034.jpg

I’m sure there’s a reason for this but it’s a shame that this nice banked area isn’t the start area/1st corner 

4 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

I’m sure there’s a reason for this but it’s a shame that this nice banked area isn’t the start area/1st corner 

FFS Ryan look at the pictures before jumping in... the banked areas go literally all the way round the track... the ref is on a banked area and the walkway in is the sloped area to the second bend you walk up that ramp and end up at the same height right along the home straight...

Am gonna watch Long Lost Families on Plus 1 and see if @Steve Shovlar is your Long Lost Grandad...

Regards
THJ

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

FFS Ryan look at the pictures before jumping in... the banked areas go literally all the way round the track... the ref is on a banked area and the walkway in is the sloped area to the second bend you walk up that ramp and end up at the same height right along the home straight...

Am gonna watch Long Lost Families on Plus 1 and see if @Steve Shovlar is your Long Lost Grandad...

Regards
THJ

Sorry didn’t realise couldn’t quite see it in the shade of the picture on my phone 

Edited by Ryan555
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

Track & set up looking good.  Even better (?) are the raised viewing areas, speedway looks so much better when viewing the track from at least a bit of height....

Is there a raised viewing area on bend two and, will it have grass or something on it? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Looking good just a quick one though do the pikeys sorry travellers have there free season tickets sorted  yet.

If they want to be on the site they will be as no security measures are fool proof but there are substantial barriers in place to deter them...

Plus if the guys can get power back to the site rather than a genny a comprehensive security system will be going in linked direct to the old bill...

However it is a massive site to protect...

Regards 

THJ 

49 minutes ago, lewy said:

Thj will this new track be intending to enter a team in the championship in 2023 or is that to soon for them,or are they more likely to start at ndl level. 

Lewy...

Premiership Marra... Nikki Pedersen... Freddie Lindgren... Peter Kilderman... Dan Bewley... Anders Thomson... Nick Skorja and Alan Webdale...

If you give me an hour once I have checked me Euro lottery I will confirm that all of them are signed up for next season... and if that doesn't get them in through the doors nowt will...

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Lewy...

Premiership Marra... Nikki Pedersen... Freddie Lindgren... Peter Kilderman... Dan Bewley... Anders Thomson... Nick Skorja and Alan Webdale...

If you give me an hour once I have checked me Euro lottery I will confirm that all of them are signed up for next season... and if that doesn't get them in through the doors nowt will...

Regards 

THJ

Double rollover squillian million tax free might help,