British Speedway Forum

workington ..

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

mornin . does anyone know what lou samsung is doing now  ? sure he was doing breakdown recovery in ozz . what are other former workington riders doing now . 

the 70s were brill days . it was oh so simple then ..  

I'm sure one was now a magician doing kids parties - roll on the end of lockdown.....

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

mornin . does anyone know what lou samsung is doing now  ? sure he was doing breakdown recovery in ozz . what are other former workington riders doing now . 

the 70s were brill days . it was oh so simple then ..  

Same as now, everyone is at home, just in the 70’s they were all on strike.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny 5 laps fearon:t: remember the night a certain scotish referee came out the box in front of a full grandstand to have a go at him as he had left a marker on the track then banned him from rest of meeting, respect for kenny for not knocking him flat on his back.:t:RIP an unsong " comets" hero.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2021 at 10:56 PM, Neila said:

Hearing some sad news tonight, Kenny fearon the start marshal and ex rider for the comets in the 70's has sadly passed away, no details,

RIP kenny, used to enjoy a drink with him watching the GP's in station road club 

Heard tell he died from bowel cancer, knew Kenny well, hadn't seen him in months tho so this is probably why....

RIP Kenny!!

A bit of an update, been a message on Facebook that Kenny fearons Funeral is next Thursday 28th at 11.30 Harrington road cemetery going past Derwent park before hand. RIP kenny

Also on Facebook about Northside speedway have had a visit for local council and MP discussing plans going forward !! Hope all goes well

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

At the track the stream is 30 seconds behind the live action, spoke to both max and nigel before the action both had nice things to say about workington, and have to say what a good night good racing and fantastic stadium now and the boss " gerry" always has time to have a chat i wish he just lived in workington.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Neila said:

Good to see several ex comets in the gp qualifier at Glasgow, a very good meeting Dan bewley won run off for last qualifier, also several comets fans spotted on the coverage

I counted about 13 including myself 

great racing at Glasgow 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bruno said:

Any Worky fans know a good breakfast place in Ulverston. I'm up there in a few weeks and need a greasy spoon for a few mates and myself

Ulverston a long way from worky it's a bit like asking you if you know a good breakfast in Leicester ??