British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2020

1 minute ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Don't Hold Me Now to this but they probably said if You Take Me Up riding both leagues would be a Perfect Day...No Lies.

Running two leagues is a gamble with the weather though...Day After Day...Who Can Stop The Rain?  ;)

Be great for them to get more meeting's i see both of them ride at Swindon this year and they were both impressive.

Think the Thompson twins will find the going hard. Very hard. I think its a year too soon. 

Would happily be proved wrong though. Always good to see young British talent. 

Think you have a very good team. Will be very difficult to beat anywhere. One thing though i think Douglas and Perks were slightly unknowns last year while this year we know what they are all about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LionsFan said:

Strong team in my view, hopefully Morris can get back to the form of a few years ago when he was almost unbeatable round BP.

Suggest riding order could be Morris, Proctor, Perks, Douglas, Howarth, Dan, Joe.

Douglas should be number 1? Morris gets 2.5 reduction, rode NL which puts him below Douglas

Lineup complete, final cat out of the bag. Looks a very decent main body, if the two twins can score a few points then the Lions will challenge for the top spot again.

I must confess I've only seen a little of the two youngsters but this is a big jump for any 15/16 year old.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I'm not for one moment saying they should, but... how long before the twins can/will be binned off and replaced with more experienced reserves?

You won’t get many experienced 2 pointers around They will do ok as long as they stay on their bikes and get a bit quicker out the gate 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I'm not for one moment saying they should, but... how long before the twins can/will be binned off and replaced with more experienced reserves?

There's been a history of the Lions binning young reserves in the second tier, but this year Jack Thomas binned himself, that was all. But overall there's been a stong tendency for younger riders to underperform at Beaumont Park for the Lions, I think that's because they've struggled to master the track and then get discouraged. Joe and Dan will not have that problem, and so they start out with an advantage over many who have trodden this path. 

• Like 2

Out of interest I have just gone over the cubs meetings, home and away. Dan or Joe have beaten Palin. Phillips. Flint. Bickley. J. Smith. Wilson. Ledwith. Gilkes. Rowe. Clegg. Perry. Bailey.  At Beaumont park.

Bickley. Palin. Phillips. Clegg. J. Smith. Rowe away from home.

6 of those riders have signed for clubs in the CL for next season. With a good chance a few more may follow.

With the experience the twins have around BP I don't see them having a problem. They have ridden the track in all sorts of conditions, slick, with dirt, very wet, bone dry, so they really do know it well.

Away from home may be more of a challenge, but I am confident they will overcome what ever is thrown at them.

It is my understanding they have put, and will continue to put good investment into their equipment for the new season.

So from my point of view, I will be backing and encouraging them the best I can.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BTFC LION said:

Out of interest I have just gone over the cubs meetings, home and away. Dan or Joe have beaten Palin. Phillips. Flint. Bickley. J. Smith. Wilson. Ledwith. Gilkes. Rowe. Clegg. Perry. Bailey.  At Beaumont park.

Bickley. Palin. Phillips. Clegg. J. Smith. Rowe away from home.

6 of those riders have signed for clubs in the CL for next season. With a good chance a few more may follow.

With the experience the twins have around BP I don't see them having a problem. They have ridden the track in all sorts of conditions, slick, with dirt, very wet, bone dry, so they really do know it well.

Away from home may be more of a challenge, but I am confident they will overcome what ever is thrown at them.

It is my understanding they have put, and will continue to put good investment into their equipment for the new season.

So from my point of view, I will be backing and encouraging them the best I can.

That was my thinking, there will be a lot of youngsters at reserve in the Championship this season.This will help them. Imo 

Impressive... You could see them working with eachother the whole way around... Brotherly connection... That's Jordan Palin too... No slouch either... Used to seeing Danny at the back, but didn't expect it against these lot :unsure:

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Impressive... You could see them working with each other the whole way around... Brotherly connection... That's Jordan Palin too... No slouch either... Used to seeing Danny at the back, but didn't expect it against these lot :unsure:

This was a great race and a good advert for the sport. I remember watching it live and being thoroughly impressed by all three racers. I turned to my friend after the race to share impressions when he said, "and don't forget, they're all still 15 years old". The future really is bright.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:04 PM, Big Al said:

There's been a history of the Lions binning young reserves in the second tier, but this year Jack Thomas binned himself, that was all.

You were allegedly not paying him. Not exactly a motivator to continue.

• Like 1