British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2020

Just reading a post on another thread, I have found out that the home match against Kings Lynn, has either been postponed or cancelled. Per the fixture list, Tigers are now away on that date. 

I am really at a loss to understand why a match is taken off the fixture list like this, without a new date being arranged, and why better attention is not drawn to these actions, so fans who wish to go, can make arrangements. 

Definitely feels like they are working against, rather than with the fans, and totally fail to understand why.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just reading a post on another thread, I have found out that the home match against Kings Lynn, has either been postponed or cancelled. Per the fixture list, Tigers are now away on that date. 

I am really at a loss to understand why a match is taken off the fixture list like this, without a new date being arranged, and why better attention is not drawn to these actions, so fans who wish to go, can make arrangements. 

Definitely feels like they are working against, rather than with the fans, and totally fail to understand why.

Totally agree,the fixture list should and is compiled at the start of the season and shouldn't be altered only for rain offs.Then these shouldn't take place of other fixtures already agreed at the start of the season.Lynn did have a home fixture originally on the 9th of September only for that to be changed to Sheffield away now it's back at home again.It says due to stadium availability at Sheffield why it is now at Lynn.Personally i think someone is telling a few porkies here.

57 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Totally agree,the fixture list should and is compiled at the start of the season and shouldn't be altered only for rain offs.Then these shouldn't take place of other fixtures already agreed at the start of the season.Lynn did have a home fixture originally on the 9th of September only for that to be changed to Sheffield away now it's back at home again.It says due to stadium availability at Sheffield why it is now at Lynn.Personally i think someone is telling a few porkies here.

Since my original post, Sheffield Speedway have now posted on their Facebook page, confirming, the change, citing stadium unavailability. Whilst I appreciate they do not own the stadium, I presume they have a rental agreement, which gives them rights, as well as obligations, which I would have thought would be taken in to account when agreeing fixtures.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 10:12 PM, Charlieboy said:

Well done to Adam Ellis British Champion representing Sheffield tonight. Brilliant and well deserved 

:icon_smile_clown: :oops: :rofl: .It is an INDIVIDUAL event & he was not even wearing Sheffield kevlars, "glory boy" but he even races for Scunthorpe this year in the British Leagues. But , I agree, well deserved & I was there to see it.

Even Swindon, Birmingham, Lakeside, Eastbourne, Poole, Ipswich & IOW could claim a bit in his progression, not including the foreign clubs. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

:icon_smile_clown: :oops: :rofl: .It is an INDIVIDUAL event & he was not even wearing Sheffield kevlars, "glory boy" but he even races for Scunthorpe this year in the British Leagues. But , I agree, well deserved & I was there to see it.

Even Swindon, Birmingham, Lakeside, Eastbourne, Poole, Ipswich & IOW could claim a bit in his progression, not including the foreign clubs. :rolleyes:

They did claim it on twitter especially Lakeside and Swindon! Was quite funny ;)

• Thanks 1

Just looking at when the outstanding home match v Kings Lynn may be, and as far as I can see, there isn't either a Monday or Thursday, between now and the date the play offs are due to begin, when one of the teams does not already have a match. Not sure what the solution to this is.

Ironically, if the match is not staged, then the chance of Kings Lynn finishing above Sheffield goes from unlikely to impossible.

10 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Just looking at when the outstanding home match v Kings Lynn may be, and as far as I can see, there isn't either a Monday or Thursday, between now and the date the play offs are due to begin, when one of the teams does not already have a match. Not sure what the solution to this is.

Ironically, if the match is not staged, then the chance of Kings Lynn finishing above Sheffield goes from unlikely to impossible.

No incentive for Sheffield to agree to any date then...

On 9/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, lisa-colette said:

They did claim it on twitter especially Lakeside and Swindon! Was quite funny ;)

Think it's particularly fair Swindon claim the majority out of his clubs...2 league titles and would had been riding for us if it wasn't for the two evils of Covid and Clark Osbourne! 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 4:21 PM, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, it must be hilarious when fans that no longer have a club to support still show an interest in the riders that rode for them.

34 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Think it's particularly fair Swindon claim the majority out of his clubs...2 league titles and would had been riding for us if it wasn't for the two evils of Covid and Clark Osbourne! 

Well yes, I don't have a problem with anyone claiming responsibility. I think Lakeside were the first and then Swindon and then all the clubs Adam has ever rode for did too. Not sure if the Poole official twitter account did but Poole fans did too. It was a big bandwagon with all these clubs jumping on!

27 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Yeah, it must be hilarious when fans that no longer have a club to support still show an interest in the riders that rode for them.

Swindon are still there, they haven't closed yet have they? Plus I just said the first two clubs that did it and one of them was Swindon. And then a pretty big bandwagon was jumped on. If I named all the clubs I'd be doing it all day!

You just maybe need to chill a bit it has nothing to do with laughing at Swindon, just funny how quickly everyone jumped on to the bandwagon! I also said Lakeside but has nothing to do with them closing either.