British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2020

2 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

British speedway is in a downward spiral thanks to the way it’s been run. I agree we should have had more meetings. Going without home meetings when the weather is fine is a joke. The sports managers don’t ride the bikes tho and as I’ve said in other posts bachelor can go and practice at Leicester any time as the Bates own it  I know it’s not the same as proper racing but he said he doesn’t feel comfortable on the bike so surely if you get an opportunity to have a blast you would take it as it’s his profession. I’ve watched him home and away this season and half his races he can’t be arsed. When he gates he looks class. All I ask as a paying fan is 100% effort  and when we have time off work to travel to support him I don’t think that’s a lot to ask. 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I was trying to generalise the sad state that the sport finds itself in partly due to the lack of competitive track time. I was a regular week in week out up until around 2017/8 but the way it is run now I think twice before spending hard earned cash on second rate entertainment and until they do something different and really think about providing a decent nights racing, they can whistle.

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

He’s had a few meetings this last couple of weeks so he should be up to speed now or he might be tired !! Which mr bachelor will turn up tomorrow?? 

Well the only 3 double figure scores he has had for us have all been against Wolverhampton, so you never know

Not holding my breath though

The talk in the bar on Thursday after  the meeting  was that Troy has been or is been changed for Chris Holder after Chris rides in Toruns last meeting at the weekend. Turin can not get into the play offs and as such becomes available!!!

Will he be riding at Sheffield with bro Jack ???

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

The talk in the bar on Thursday after  the meeting  was that Troy has been or is been changed for Chris Holder after Chris rides in Toruns last meeting at the weekend. Turin can not get into the play offs and as such becomes available!!!

I hope so, something has to change,can't see him scoring three zero,s anywhere.

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

It’s been rumoured for last 2-3 weeks and he was in the pits at Kings Lynn   Apparently we’ve been after Nils Kristian Iversson but that’s fell through because of injury so looks a good chance he will be coming in. 

12 minutes ago, marko said:

The story of Batch questioning a kid who wanted a photo is quite sad, his confidence must be shot to pieces to feel like that, maybe a sports psychologist would help him?

I think it speaks volumes for where his head is probably at right now. Being low on confidence and taking abuse from some of your team’s fans is bound to have an impact on your performance.

The more I see and read, the more I don’t believe Batch is deliberately not trying. There is something clearly not right mentally and maybe fans showing some compassion and support would do more for his performances than constant negativity and abuse.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RobHowe said:

I think it speaks volumes for where his head is probably at right now. Being low on confidence and taking abuse from some of your team’s fans is bound to have an impact on your performance.

The more I see and read, the more I don’t believe Batch is deliberately not trying. There is something clearly not right mentally and maybe fans showing some compassion and support would do more for his performances than constant negativity and abuse.

i don't know what is wrong with him, but he still needs dropping whatever the reason is

Sorry to sound hard but i cant show compassion if i don't know why he looks like he is not trying, and if people are paying £19 the least they deserve is 7 riders at least trying

the team cant afford to carry him, what is the point of qualifying for the play offs if you know you have lost before they start

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

the team cant afford to carry him, what is the point of qualifying for the play offs if you know you have lost before they start

Perhaps the sport could adopt Bullseye rules - if you dont think its worth giving it go then the next team down gets a chance.....;):P

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 9:29 AM, archie21 said:

I presume any changes would have to be declared by now for inclusion for the Kings Lynn match.

4 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Thought polish league finished next weekend so we can sign a rider next week 

Liga 1 finished the regular season this weekend just gone.

Ekstraliga will finish the regular season this coming weekend.

Obviously only teams that are not involved in the play offs are finishing at those times.

I have no inside knowledge on what’s going on with Troy but there’s got to be more to this than him simply not trying. He’s been incredibly tentative all year and that’s not the same as simply not trying. Not for the first time last week he got himself into a decent position in one heat but he couldn’t bring himself to drop it onto the visiting rider and block his run. At Kings Lynn I saw him ride like he didn’t know the track, at Peterborough he was miles off the pace, as he has been at Sheffield for the most part, at Wolverhampton he was rapid out of the gate and got stuck in, and he’s scoring points for Kent - as he should do. My point is, you can’t say it’s definitely rustiness, or confidence, his personal life, or his equipment. It could be all the above, but I genuinely don’t think it’s that he simply can’t be arsed. I actually hope we stick with him for the rest of the season and he gets his mojo back and comes back strong for us next season. I think he would agree he owes us one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Well done to Adam Ellis British Champion representing Sheffield tonight. Brilliant and well deserved 

Agreed 100%.

But I think Kyle Howarth deserves a mention too. He also represented (quite well I thought) your good selves and my temporary team in Leicester

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1