British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2020

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Emailed Sheffield to try & book tickets for their first match, & the reply said that they are not on sale until Thursday. Can any Sheffield fans let me know if they have had the same problem.

If you had looked on the Tigers website they did state that no tickets on sale until Thursday...!!!

Does anyone know what happens with regards postponements? Under normal circumstances if the weather was dodgy some would not go, but with having to purchase tickets in advance what happens o your cash should it be rained off? Given admission to a future event or full refund. If admission to a  future event, how does that work with a limited capacity? Also for away fans you dont exactly want readmission to a future date, and you may not be able to make the rearranged fixture against your team

Does anybody know how the season tickets are working at Sheffield? I expected the update today to include season ticket holders. All we’ve been told is use last years ticket and stand on 3rd and 4 th bends. Are we getting a part refund ? Are programmes included as well as car park ?? 

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Does anybody know how the season tickets are working at Sheffield? I expected the update today to include season ticket holders. All we’ve been told is use last years ticket and stand on 3rd and 4 th bends. Are we getting a part refund ? Are programmes included as well as car park ?? 

Was something on a previous item on the website about season ticket holders not losing out. 

On 5/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Heathcote said:

Does anyone know what happens with regards postponements? Under normal circumstances if the weather was dodgy some would not go, but with having to purchase tickets in advance what happens o your cash should it be rained off? Given admission to a future event or full refund. If admission to a  future event, how does that work with a limited capacity? Also for away fans you dont exactly want readmission to a future date, and you may not be able to make the rearranged fixture against your team

I asked this prior to booking and was told you would be offered an online voucher for rebooking in the event of a rain off

22 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Think that on the web site they state that season ticket holders will be going through a turnstile instead of the usual side gate and that season ticket holders will be accommodated on the home straight and that those buying tickets would be on the third/fourth bends.

Thanks for that. Just wondered how they were dealing with the roll over of the season ticket as last year we paid for 15 meetings and got half price programmes and car parking but this year only 10 meetings ? I thought I read somewhere that one club had given part refund (was it Ipswich)? So don’t know if that’s what we are doing or rolling over the excess money into next years season ticket ?

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst just checking to see if there was a new date for the home match v Peterborough, I noticed that the Kings Lynn home match appears to have been changed from 14th June to 19th July. Anyone know why?  I do wish they would draw attention to this sort of thing. Surely they don't expect everyone to check the fixtures daily for changes, and presumably they would want everyone to know ASAP, in the hope that they can be there. 

21 hours ago, RS50 said:

Whilst just checking to see if there was a new date for the home match v Peterborough, I noticed that the Kings Lynn home match appears to have been changed from 14th June to 19th July. Anyone know why?  I do wish they would draw attention to this sort of thing. Surely they don't expect everyone to check the fixtures daily for changes, and presumably they would want everyone to know ASAP, in the hope that they can be there. 

And according to the preview of tonights meeting in the Sheffield Star, the Peterborough home meeting is now rescheduled for Wednesday the 2nd June???  Not sure how reliable this is as it doesnt appear on the Sheffield website and would mean the Tigers being at home 2 nights on the trot

15 minutes ago, Heathcote said:

And according to the preview of tonights meeting in the Sheffield Star, the Peterborough home meeting is now rescheduled for Wednesday the 2nd June???  Not sure how reliable this is as it doesnt appear on the Sheffield website and would mean the Tigers being at home 2 nights on the trot

Sounds unlikely as Birmingham are scheduled to race on that night.