British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2020

36 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

I do hope Jack and Chris Holder are ok after they have proved positive for COVID in Poland. Poland is increasing the numbers proving positive and I hope that will not upset teams in this country having riders riding in Poland. Both Are showing no symptoms so hope it stays so.

They had a positive PCR test, it doesn't mean they have an infectious disease or the Kung Flu...:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

I do hope Jack and Chris Holder are ok after they have proved positive for COVID in Poland. Poland is increasing the numbers proving positive and I hope that will not upset teams in this country having riders riding in Poland. Both Are showing no symptoms so hope it stays so.

Thats a heckova birthday gift for Jack!!!

30 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Today wouldve been perfect to announce Josh Bates as the rising star. - PR opportunity missed ;)

:D

Tai Woffinden would have been better..

Although given the way the rules over the years have got changed and adapted to suit any scenario, often at a moments notice, it may not have even registered as ridiculous...

We would have just assumed it would have fallen under the "In the interests of Speedway" 'rule'...:D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has noted the Tigers fixtures in their diaries, from the original fixture list, please re-check the fixtures as there have been some changes.

I do wish the management would put an announcement notice on their website/facebook pages when they do this. If fans have made any arrangements, they can start thinking about alternatives.

Would also be nice if an explanation for the changes was given. I understand the need for any fixtures prior to 17th May, but not the others. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ShyTalk said:

If anyone has noted the Tigers fixtures in their diaries, from the original fixture list, please re-check the fixtures as there have been some changes.

I do wish the management would put an announcement notice on their website/facebook pages when they do this. If fans have made any arrangements, they can start thinking about alternatives.

Would also be nice if an explanation for the changes was given. I understand the need for any fixtures prior to 17th May, but not the others. 

Maybe something to do with the TV deal ? 

3 hours ago, ShyTalk said:

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.38719

• 2 weeks later...

Just been reading about Jack Holder's reasons and desire to race for Sheffield  and give Sweden a miss. He also said he was concerned that flying between countries might cause problems. If these should occur I would like to think that due to such current circumstances the powers that be would allow teams to use RR and not force them to bring in say a 6 point BCL rider.

7 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Just been reading about Jack Holder's reasons and desire to race for Sheffield  and give Sweden a miss. He also said he was concerned that flying between countries might cause problems. If these should occur I would like to think that due to such current circumstances the powers that be would allow teams to use RR and not force them to bring in say a 6 point BCL rider.

That would mean a change in the rule book and is not likely to happen. It’s no different to the old ‘ broke down en route ‘  fiasco certain riders and promoters have used in the past for absent riders. They sign a contract to say they will be available ( unless injured ) the travel issues are the riders concern .

Posted on Sheffield Speedway twitter site.

MAURICE DUCKER | We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our former promoter Maurice Ducker. Maurice was the man in charge of our club the last time we were in the top division. Our thoughts go out to the Ducker family at this sad and difficult time. A sad day.

40 minutes ago, screm said:

Posted on Sheffield Speedway twitter site.

MAURICE DUCKER | We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of our former promoter Maurice Ducker. Maurice was the man in charge of our club the last time we were in the top division. Our thoughts go out to the Ducker family at this sad and difficult time. A sad day.

RIP Maurice

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Emailed Sheffield to try & book tickets for their first match, & the reply said that they are not on sale until Thursday. Can any Sheffield fans let me know if they have had the same problem.

Its on the Tigers website tickets for sale on Thursday.