British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2020

2 hours ago, Steve55 said:

How can you say 'embarrassed' when James Shanes and Nathan Greaves were included on the same list!

Good attempt at deflection :) They could hardly not be on the list given Josh is could they!!

Meanwhile the the template for the criteria has been found in the BSPL meeting room waste paper basket....... its the Josh Bates speedway career bio ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very quiet on here - wouldve thought there would be some delight at the Bates announcement

Perhaps it's just that you're embarrassed he is even an option...........:)

No perfectly happy.

Josh fitted the criteria for this season Rising Star programme.

The criteria set out by BSP or maybe Management Committee.

Both which would include not only Sheffield Promoter Damien Bates but Ipswich Promoter Chris Louis.

3 hours ago, Steve55 said:

How can you say 'embarrassed' when James Shanes and Nathan Greaves were included on the same list!

Yes they should be on the list imo Bates shouldn't be.It wouldn't surprise me if a few things were nudged one way or another so he fitted in with the criteria.As you can see he scrapes in on most of it.I mean the age thing is a joke imo,normally the age would start from the start of the season wouldn't it.

48 minutes ago, spin king said:

No perfectly happy.

Both which would include not only Sheffield Promoter Damien Bates but Ipswich Promoter Chris Louis.

More deflection :rolleyes:

Dont worry Chris will know my thoughts on the subject when I next have the chance to speak with him

Bloody ridiculous that Josh Bates is in the list & the people who made the criteria that has him in the group are not speedway people. Another reason why the draft previously failed as it was so ridiculous as well. I have no axe to grind as my team aren’t running this season but any fan who isn’t a Sheffield fan will not agree that Josh is included in a this criteria screw up.

1 hour ago, spin king said:

No perfectly happy.

You sure you’re not a Poole fan? It stinks and you damn well know it

• Like 4

Im glad the Sheffield promotion were the only ones deciding who the rising stars were. Would've been a shame if those other pesky promoters would've gotten in the way.

Also great to see its not just the Sheffield fans that are absolutely thrilled to bits to see Josh sign on as our rising star :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

there sounds like a lot of jealousy on here over our signing of josh, and i dont think he should of been included on the rising star list, but somehow he was,and hes now in our 7, so let the moaners moan cos it sounds like we have em all worried.

Trouble is its only a matter of time before he punches a brick wall and misses half the season with a broken hand...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, romans lovechild said:

there sounds like a lot of jealousy on here over our signing of josh, and i dont think he should of been included on the rising star list, but somehow he was,and hes now in our 7, so let the moaners moan cos it sounds like we have em all worried.

Not jealousy at all. Bates should be a PL rider in 2021 just not as a rising star. He is experienced and talented enough to have a place in the main body (certainly No6 at least) of any of the teams this coming season

The fact that he was included on the list is just a continuation of all that has plagued speedway in terms of self interest and manipulation for too long now

Worry doesnt come into it as victory is close to meaningless anyway so good luck to you if you win the league as your victory will be hollower that a cheap non brand Eater egg :P

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

And so we come to speedways second biggest issue, fans that bury their heads in the sand, as long as its their team that benefit. 

Honestly,  don't even pretend you'd have the same reaction if this was to benefit Ipswich. Do I think Josh Bates should be a rising star? Probably not, but thats not my decision nor is it yours. Its down to the promoters and for whatever reason they've decided Bates should be apart of that list. 

So if you've got a gripe with the list or the requirement to be a "rising star" don't just bury your head in the sand and pretend its a Sheffield problem. Your promoter had some say in the list as did every other promoter in the league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Honestly,  don't even pretend you'd have the same reaction if this was to benefit Ipswich. 

I can’t and won’t speak for Baldyman or anyone else for that matter, but personally speaking, I would have EXACTLY the same opinion as I do now if it benefited Ipswich and would be on here stating my displeasure. 

Not everyone is the same obviously!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

Honestly,  don't even pretend you'd have the same reaction if this was to benefit Ipswich. Do I think Josh Bates should be a rising star? Probably not, but thats not my decision nor is it yours. Its down to the promoters and for whatever reason they've decided Bates should be apart of that list. 

So if you've got a gripe with the list or the requirement to be a "rising star" don't just bury your head in the sand and pretend its a Sheffield problem. Your promoter had some say in the list as did every other promoter in the league.

Why do you and I assume your old man? Keep coming out with the “it’s not my decision nor yours” crap? We’re not bloody stupid we know it’s not our decision! But we’re allowed to to give our opinions on an absurd criteria that is blatantly bent around a Particular rider which smacks in the face of an originally excellent idea put forward.  

You know it’s a load of sh!te, so does the other “Spin” King so don’t hide behind the “it’s not our decision” nonsense whilst secretly smirking to yourselves that you got one up on the competition. Pathetic. 

I hope you win jack sh!t. 

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Why do you and I assume your old man? Keep coming out with the “it’s not my decision nor yours” crap? We’re not bloody stupid we know it’s not our decision! But we’re allowed to to give our opinions on an absurd criteria that is blatantly bent around a Particular rider which smacks in the face of an originally excellent idea put forward.  

You know it’s a load of sh!te, so does the other “Spin King” so don’t hide behind the “it’s not our decision” nonsense whilst secretly smirking to yourselves that you got one up on the competition. Pathetic. 

I hope you win jack sh!t. 

Oi Less of the old, spinny is dead self conscious about his age. 

I suppose main point im trying to make is a lotta people on here are making out as if its a Sheffield decision when its a collective effort between everyone who runs the sport.

And I could be completely wrong but imo I reckon if this was your team or club you probably wouldn't be crying about it just as much.

But thats just my 2 cents on the matter.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Championship promoters aren’t allowed to vote on premiership matters therefore you are incorrect regarding other promoters in the league. Basically if Buster agreed then decision made!

4 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Championship promoters aren’t allowed to vote on premiership matters therefore you are incorrect regarding other promoters in the league. Basically if Buster agreed then decision made!

And rightfully so. But there's 5 other clubs in the premiership who did vote on the matter and a majority must have agreed to at least let Josh be apart of that list.