British Speedway Forum

Sheffield 2020

36 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

JD a tough rider, give him half a space he’s going to be ruthless - no different to lindgren, zmarzlik and most of the other riders fighting for world championship at the sharp end, crump, gollob were always ruthless racers as were many other world champions including Nicki - where Nicki has differed over the years is consistently is taking it one stage further and rather than just racing hard deliberately riding the man into the fence, he’s also guilty of laying on people taking the fall and conning the ref countless times throughout his career - I agree with you Nicki can be treated harshly at times as a result of his reputation but frankly he has himself to blame imo

Sorry, but I disagree entirely.

1 or 2 isolated incidents have tarnished his reputation. That hasn’t happened to other riders when they have done similar.

Imo it smacks of double standards and most likely jealousy from those within for a man who is, let’s not forget, triple world champion.

12 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Having seen Nicki at Eastbourne for 4 seasons I think the main thing I noticed is if he is an inch in front it's up to the other riders to back off or fall off, agree harsh and no prisoners taken. The times at Arlington I saw Peter Karlsson and believe it or not even Leigh Adams and the like do the same and the times I saw Nicki take the decision to back off a foot ,survive not going into the fence and still come back at them in the race, quite often winning it. Hard mindset but it's always been the way with him. By the way a lot of Nicki staying or going is the way he's accepted by the home fans. He loved it at Eastbourne , could have probably got a better deal elsewhere, but the fans loved him and he was there 4 seasons at his peak. 

Niki is just a tough rider. 

We live in a society today where everyone has to have a scapegoat. A victim. Someone to blame. Someone to slag off.

Those people lack the ability to be objective.

Nicki pedersen is no worse than Lindgren. Lindgren is a rider who has gone under the radar for years despite being reckless. 

no doubt his pathetic love song video will make people think differently :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

Sorry, but I disagree entirely.

1 or 2 isolated incidents have tarnished his reputation. That hasn’t happened to other riders when they have done similar.

Imo it smacks of double standards and most likely jealousy from those within for a man who is, let’s not forget, triple world champion.

This must be one of those isolated incidents, took 2 seconds to find on YouTube, simply by searching for “Nicki pedersen speedway” no mention of crashes/incidents in the search yet 10 of the top 12 hits are of crashes and incidents - there’s a correlation there and denying it is just blind, he has a reputation for a reason.

I’m no Nicki hater but imo he crosses the line and I’m sure if you asked his peers they’d agree

• Thanks 1

I take your point, but he did make a typically boring gate and go Hancock race into an exciting, controversial one for the veiwer and as I said earlier, if he's an inch in front he wont shut off.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

This must be one of those isolated incidents, took 2 seconds to find on YouTube, simply by searching for “Nicki pedersen speedway” no mention of crashes/incidents in the search yet 10 of the top 12 hits are of crashes and incidents - there’s a correlation there and denying it is just blind, he has a reputation for a reason.

I’m no Nicki hater but imo he crosses the line and I’m sure if you asked his peers they’d agree

You could use the same search for many other riders. Being selective doesn’t prove your point.

We disagree. Move on.

For the record btw, I’ve just watched the clip and again, I don’t see what he does wrong. That is not crossing a line that is going for a gap and taking an opportunity.

Edited by acef
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is why nicki has been signed by sheffield,he's not had a race yet but there seems to be plenty of excitement building up already judging by all the posts on here .Personally I'm looking forward to it myself now,just hope the weather is better for the season than it is at the moment.Theres a buzz around British speedway again,the first for a long time,so hopefully we get a good summer and plenty of entertaining speedway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not being quite as savvy as I'd like to be on attaching things on here, have a look at the 2006 Slovenian GP final, I know he's not quite the rider he was then, but love or hate him as has been said making British speedway buzz again, especially with Crump on the scene again. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, acef said:

You could use the same search for many other riders. Being selective doesn’t prove your point.

We disagree. Move on.

For the record btw, I’ve just watched the clip and again, I don’t see what he does wrong. That is not crossing a line that is going for a gap and taking an opportunity.

I think it shows what pedersen is , nothing but a give it cant take it guy shoving the bike at zagar kicking then running away like a school yard fight. Je can them mouth off in the pits with hus crew to look after him, still what goes round comes around.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, acef said:

We disagree. Move on.

This is not why I go to speedway  certainly don't look forward to seeing it ,anyone can try too hard make a mistake but not just knock someone off and act in such an arrogant manner afterwards there is nothing endearing in that !

• Like 2

All the doom and gloom merchants have their opinion yet again, rumour after rumour about Niki if the supporters put as half as  much effort in to the speedway club as the promotion have over the last few years and especially last winter they would do well, instead of finding fault with everything at the club and starting falsehoods off about who is riding at Sheffield and for how long. Its time now to get behind the club not slag everything off

• Like 6

On 3/22/2020 at 12:32 AM, Daniel Smith said:

Folk need to get used to the whole idea of 2020 being cancelled. 

So much negativity. Every post I see you put on here is negative or putting a downer on something.

Everything might be cancelled but no harm in some positivity.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

So much negativity. Every post I see you put on here is negative or putting a downer on something.

Everything might be cancelled but no harm in some positivity.

Indeed might keep a few people sane in the coming months hoping things like speedway may start at somepoint. 

• Like 2