British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2021

42 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Never liked running with guests personally, think Leigh lanham many years ago scoring 1 point from number 1 has scarred me for life :D. And with so many Friday night clubs might find choice thin on the ground at times

That's partly why I thought of Summers who rides at a Saturday track though he did have a shocker of a guest appearance for us at Redcar many years ago, think he got a point and lost us the meeting having been there with the 0131 just before it and got double figures but that's the way it goes. Second in the averages is an extremely difficult position to cover with r/r in a very strong team never mind ours.

36 minutes ago, MD said:

That's partly why I thought of Summers who rides at a Saturday track though he did have a shocker of a guest appearance for us at Redcar many years ago, think he got a point and lost us the meeting having been there with the 0131 just before it and got double figures but that's the way it goes. Second in the averages is an extremely difficult position to cover with r/r in a very strong team never mind ours.

Spud would definitely been my choice over etheridge wasn't sure if was an issue after he left why he wasn't used

48 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Well, you'll get a chance to assess him tomorrow night at Ashfield!

Assessed him in the ko cup match, 11 points and 3 heat wins; gladly take that from a guest. Like to hope brother Steve will at least hit that level tomorrow night

6 hours ago, MD said:

Surely it's the opposite, all riders can get a r/r ride!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Thought with a drying forecast throughout the day might have a chance but there has been helluva lot of rain this week must have done the damage

Hmm... what a massive coincidence another Birmingham away match cancelled :wink:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Hmm... what a massive coincidence another Birmingham away match cancelled :wink:

I don't follow your logic, given this was our first meeting without restrictions was going to be our biggest turnout hence pay day of the season. And in our quest for play offs why give up a guaranteed 3 points and risk the Glasgow weather into autumn? We've had one dry day in about last 10 up here, it's no surprise given rained all day do far as well meetings off

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I don't follow your logic, given this was our first meeting without restrictions was going to be our biggest turnout hence pay day of the season. And in our quest for play offs why give up a guaranteed 3 points and risk the Glasgow weather into autumn? We've had one dry day in about last 10 up here, it's no surprise given rained all day do far as well meetings off

Guaranteed... Hmm?

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Given previous ashfield records of your side and missing 2 riders... Yes

Not my side my Scottish friend... but let's see at the end of the season how many league points clubs have in the table from riding against Birmingham...

Am I going to have to spell it out for you?

1 minute ago, iainb said:

Not my side my Scottish friend... but let's see at the end of the season how many league points clubs have in the table from riding against Birmingham...

Am I going to have to spell it out for you?

Forgive me my optimism when someone says they aim to finish the season I take them at their word

• Like 1
  • Haha 1