British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2021

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Have Dads Army theme in my head currently....:D

Not sure I follow that: team has three under 20s, JS is 27, RW 28 and Cookie 32. All of whom are fit and able young men.The only one who might just have been able to avoid conscription is Ulrich but more because of multiple injuries and an inability to keep his machinery in good nick than age :party:

46 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I'm quite surprised at this line-up, I thought Glasgow were ambitious, yet they sign several riders who seem to have seen their best days, I hope the Irn Bru works it's magic.

While I am also surprised ,but reckon they have got it right.Ambition in speedway is knocked on the head by the powers at be most of the times with their rule book changes from year to year.

2 hours ago, foamfence said:

I'm quite surprised at this line-up, I thought Glasgow were ambitious, yet they sign several riders who seem to have seen their best days, I hope the Irn Bru works it's magic.

It could be because they have signed riders that rode on a track that didn't suit them or that they were carrying injuries. You sign riders hoping that they will improve.

We have signed 2 in Jorgensen & Aarnio with the view that they will improve. Similar to what we did in 2019 signing Lambert who struggled at Newcastle, riding on the open spaces at the EWR & getting his confidence back.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2019 at 12:54 PM, GlasVegas said:

You been at the ancient history books again! Understandable with an uncertain future :t:

Craig Cook could ride for Glasgow for the next ten years and not win the same number of trophies as he did in blue and gold. I'm sure he's trying his best for you though despite him not being at the peak of his powers.

13 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Craig Cook could ride for Glasgow for the next ten years and not win the same number of trophies as he did in blue and gold. I'm sure he's trying his best for you though despite him not being at the peak of his powers.

you could be right, you could be wrong, nice to look forward to being able to find out

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

you could be right, you could be wrong, nice to look forward to being able to find out

Jan is a wind up merchant , granted a poor wind up merchant but he does his best.

But deep down he is a nice lad no malice in his posts.

• Sad 1