British Speedway Forum

Glasgow 2021

43 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Cook and lawson in the same team , i dought it.

Not going to happen , only rider he could replace in the team is Cook and that won’t happen.

Lawsons average is too high as a replacement for Ulliy.

32 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

For Lawson to come in Glasgow would have to cut points drastically to come in below 38. They'd be better off replacing like for like

Have rules changed? I'd have thought if replaced ulle, wells and sedgeman would have about 21 points to replace them with? Why do we need to go back to the 38 for top 6?

19 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Have rules changed? I'd have thought if replaced ulle, wells and sedgeman would have about 21 points to replace them with? Why do we need to go back to the 38 for top 6?

Rule has always been the same. You can only change a rider directly, if you replace with a higher rider you need to be under the limit

19 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Rule has always been the same. You can only change a rider directly, if you replace with a higher rider you need to be under the limit

So for arguments sake, we signed Kerr, Brennan and Newman, no problem because under the average of the riders replacing, but if wanted to sign Lawson, Brennan and Kemp instead that's not allowed? Despite the latter 3 combined averages being lower than first 3? Sounds like speedway rules right enough

I do not wish the demise of Eastbourne or any other track merely using their riders as an example before I the grief starts lol

6 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

So for arguments sake, we signed Kerr, Brennan and Newman, no problem because under the average of the riders replacing, but if wanted to sign Lawson, Brennan and Kemp instead that's not allowed? Despite the latter 3 combined averages being lower than first 3? Sounds like speedway rules right enough

I do not wish the demise of Eastbourne or any other track merely using their riders as an example before I the grief starts lol

One change can be up to the average of the rider replaced. Multiple changes means bringing the new team total under the appropriate points limit (38 in Glasgow’s case as they have a 3* Rising Star).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

We can replace like for like Lawson for Cook as an example as Lawson has a lower average than Cook.

We can replace Ully with a rider up to 7.95.

To make multiple changes at once would need to revert back to the building average of 38.

Just saw the reply above saying the same.

Just to clarify I am not pushing for Lawson to replace Cook just using the scenario as an example.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Yea let Glasgow have a team of ex comets then they might win something :party:

Yawn.

Now what have the Comets won this season have I missed something.

I also heard there might be some virus thing floating about is this true.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...