British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2020

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Rob has a pay scale to his riders & does not break it. If riders want more money then they should find it through personal sponsorship.He signs riders that want to ride for Scunthorpe.

Sadly, I thought we had a good top 4 that could have scored 34-44 & bottom 3 about 12-18 around the EWR & possibly sneaked a few points away. Now, home meetings will be tight with no wins away but we will, hopefully, see decent speedway at most meetings.

From what I know Redcar are no different. Whilst they have massively changed for the better since the dark Havelock days they still operate on a budget and riders don’t get paid over the top rates. Having spoken to many riders who have ridden for them since 2017 they say they ride there for less money than they could get elsewhere, because it’s a good ,safe, track,with no unnecessary pressure applied and even in the Havvy days, they get paid on time. Riders ride best when there happy !

• Like 4

On 4/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, leander said:

Whilst I agree, I don't understand it. What if he performs poorly for his Extraleague team and gets loaned out to a first division club in Poland in a double down scenario. Surely, in my opinion, he should be able to double up in GB. It is a British League, a) a premiership division (div 1), and b) a championship division. Same League, same governing authority. Just like Poland (1 league, 3 divisions).

I don’t either. Like you say, so many variants if he loses his place etc.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, northyorksbear said:

Don't think he fits anyway now does he?

No he doesn’t. 

17 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

They did but gave that up in the pre COVID exodus. Stewart is now back in the UK ( Allen isn’t ) and has shared accommodation with another rider.

Just thought Allen might join him again. :rolleyes:

On 4/23/2021 at 4:26 PM, leander said:

Whilst I agree, I don't understand it. What if he performs poorly for his Extraleague team and gets loaned out to a first division club in Poland in a double down scenario. Surely, in my opinion, he should be able to double up in GB. It is a British League, a) a premiership division (div 1), and b) a championship division. Same League, same governing authority. Just like Poland (1 league, 3 divisions).

Ellis isn't with an Ekstraliga club. He rides Div 2 (3rd league). That allows him to ride in 2 other leagues, Sweden and Premiership.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:34 PM, ch958 said:

ooh, lets have some wild guesses!

On 4/21/2021 at 7:53 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

James Sarjeant and Jake Allen... both fit and Scunny not happy... 

How's that...

Regards 

THJ

On 4/21/2021 at 8:39 PM, Yearbyred said:

Well you were half right (for now)

Sarjeant announced.

On 4/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Jake Allen next... get ya shirt on it at Paddy Power...

51 minutes ago, ch958 said:

come on then, someone must know/ guess

Well a was pretty wild back in the day especially with those two wild guesses and I am still standing by them...

One for One so far... lets see if I can get the double up...

Regards
THJ

16 minutes ago, ch958 said:

i suppose it has to be one or the other. Or something completely left field.

Ellis Perk would waste a point. I hope its Jake Allen. Think he is a better bet and just fits inside what points we have left.