British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2020

10 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Ruff would I lie to you... (cough cough)

Couldn't even find a book on Betfair, so I have my doubts!!!,,, am not saying that a few wagers haven't took place on the subject, but al call into to see Reg, he runs the local betting shop in town, he'll know. ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Couldn't even find a book on Betfair, so I have my doubts!!!,,, am not saying that a few wagers haven't took place on the subject, but al call into to see Reg, he runs the local betting shop in town, he'll know. ;)

Aye Reg is ya man but a think you have missed the boat on Jake Allen... see what the odds are on Rob Godfrey blowing a gasket when he finds out he has  lost a 7.24 rider and signed a 4.00 point averaged rider instead...

Might be worth a punt ..

Regards 

THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Aye Reg is ya man but a think you have missed the boat on Jake Allen... see what the odds are on Rob Godfrey blowing a gasket when he finds out he has  lost a 7.24 rider and signed a 4.00 point averaged rider instead...

Might be worth a punt ..

Regards 

THJ

De ya reckon there'll be toys aal owa the EWR? ;)

On 4/16/2021 at 9:36 PM, Mad Max said:

Adam Ellis and Jack Parkinson-Blackburn - if averages fit

Unlikely but if it were to happen become title favourites in my book

Won’t be Ellis, he can’t ride in 2 leagues in the UK due to his Polish contract. 

4 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Won’t be Ellis, he can’t ride in 2 leagues in the UK due to his Polish contract. 

Whilst I agree, I don't understand it. What if he performs poorly for his Extraleague team and gets loaned out to a first division club in Poland in a double down scenario. Surely, in my opinion, he should be able to double up in GB. It is a British League, a) a premiership division (div 1), and b) a championship division. Same League, same governing authority. Just like Poland (1 league, 3 divisions).

42 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

If Redcar can get Jake Allen over that would be a very good top 5 imo, and with Jenkins at reserve if he can stay fit could have a good season I rate him. 

If only, why wouldn’t Scunthorpe snap him up  if he’s available, agree ,this would be a cup winning team

Rob has a pay scale to his riders & does not break it. If riders want more money then they should find it through personal sponsorship.He signs riders that want to ride for Scunthorpe.

Sadly, I thought we had a good top 4 that could have scored 34-44 & bottom 3 about 12-18 around the EWR & possibly sneaked a few points away. Now, home meetings will be tight with no wins away but we will, hopefully, see decent speedway at most meetings.

5 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Rob has a pay scale to his riders & does not break it. If riders want more money then they should find it through personal sponsorship.He signs riders that want to ride for Scunthorpe.

Sadly, I thought we had a good top 4 that could have scored 34-44 & bottom 3 about 12-18 around the EWR & possibly sneaked a few points away. Now, home meetings will be tight with no wins away but we will, hopefully, see decent speedway at most meetings.

Agree 100 % pal ,to see speedway live again with my Dad is something I thought was lost for this season as was last season .Rob gets a bad press on here but he does a good job and you never hear a rider hasn’t been paid on time ,this year is about fulfilling a full season of British speedway as I think speedway on the continent completing will be a big doubt .

Heres hoping all teams stay as injury free as possible and we see good speedway at the Eddie Wright Raceway and were ever we go to watch British racing