British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2020

15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Leaving options such as:

James Shanes (5.18)

Valentin Grobauer (5.38)

Zach Wajtknecht (5.14) - Assuming he's making a comeback?

Connor Mountain (4.61)

Gives the team a much stronger look to it, having better reserves and not as many spare points left over in the end? As I say though, don't see Redcar leaving Jordan high and dry, but interesting to see what could have been. I think Tom Perry also fits within the rules as a 3 star rider, so he in another option instead of Ryan?

It's not all doom and gloom like some people think it may be, saying there's no options to make a strong team.

First two signed for Birmingham.

10 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

So instead of looking for an elusive top second string, sign two weak ones instead.
Great advice!

All those options are already signed up or not riding and Tom Perry has never got beyond a 3 pointer in years.

There aren't many top second strings left, and the ones I listed are decent enough riders in their own rights... Someone like Ryan Kinsley strengthens the reserves more, so it's just a case of signing the second string Redcar need and strengthen at reserve instead... There are no 6.60 riders about!! So the extra point may as well be used elsewhere in the team.

None of the riders I listed had been signed up at the time of my post? :blink:

10 hours ago, *JJ said:

First two signed for Birmingham.

They have now, yes

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Plenty of time yet to find a suitable candidate. Riss has recently changed his mind on his availability and so might a few others yet as circumstances in many countries, including the UK, change. The promoters at Redcar will do their utmost to put out the best team possible and are to be applauded for not reneging on rider deals, quite refreshing considering passed promoters attitudes.

• Like 3

Redcar have been unlucky with the Riss situation and it’s definitely a big signing for the Brummies.

Hopefully something positive happens for the Redcar promotion as they certainly deserve some good fortune as they do things the right way in general.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Redcar have been unlucky with the Riss situation and it’s definitely a big signing for the Brummies.

Hopefully something positive happens for the Redcar promotion as they certainly deserve some good fortune as they do things the right way in general.

Could always try to get ludvig on loan from Newcastle or tempt kus out of retirement

• Sad 1