British Speedway Forum

Redcar 2020

17 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I don’t deny that, but for me, regardless of age, no one with an NL average below 7 should be in the CL.

Ok then so does that mean anybody with an average of below 7 in championship shouldn't ride in the premier league !!

Edited by pienpeesman

17 hours ago, homer said:

what a laugh you have no chance 

Lol I was waiting for your response mind .. but I bet you any money if your a betting man/ woman that you'll have been bricking it when we pulled it right back in the cup final until Stewart won ht 14 & the damage was done in bt 13 tho with Riss & charlie clearly the better heatleaders

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Yes, I know, but there is little point coming into the CL and not being able to do better than 2.

That’s why I think 7 CL should be a minimum requirement.

I would also require new CL riders to achieve 3 within two seasons or have to revert to the NL for a season.

Keeping Phillips in the CL has done no one any good.

Ryan Kinsley achieved 3.17 in his first season but hasn’t got a team yet because of too many premature 2 pointers being allowed.

Call me "picky" but it's not the Championship League (CL) it's the Championship!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Experience and control of the motor bike.

Agree that's why there is a need for a proper development league which should be standard bikes for every rider to learn & gain valuable experience which is needed & they could do that with a view to make the next step up in league racing proper .. but to be honest watching riders like dave wallinger who doesn't have an average of 7 or above but it's below ( yeah he's a bit older & wiser than some of the younger riders in the national level ) but he's well capable of controlling a bike at any level.. 

8 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Agree that's why there is a need for a proper development league which should be standard bikes for every rider to learn & gain valuable experience which is needed & they could do that with a view to make the next step up in league racing proper .. but to be honest watching riders like dave wallinger who doesn't have an average of 7 or above but it's below ( yeah he's a bit older & wiser than some of the younger riders in the national level ) but he's well capable of controlling a bike at any level.. 

I was talking about youngsters, not old timers.

It’s pretty obvious that Chris Harris can handle a bike, even if he were in the NL, aged 50 and had only a 6 point average, but not so obvious for Jenkins and the Thompson twins, especially if they hit the first bend at Armadale, Brough or Poole with more experienced home riders.

On 12/15/2019 at 8:55 PM, DC2 said:

I was talking about youngsters, not old timers.

It’s pretty obvious that Chris Harris can handle a bike, even if he were in the NL, aged 50 and had only a 6 point average, but not so obvious for Jenkins and the Thompson twins, especially if they hit the first bend at Armadale, Brough or Poole with more experienced home riders.

Yeah a get where your coming from but even tho dave is a older rider he hasn't been on the scene that long.. also I totally agree with some of your points especially when some of the young lads or girls are still developing themselves strengthens for handling the bikes !! But also there are some who can just jump on a bike & take to it right away likes of going dan bewley for example

Edited by pienpeesman
Spelling errors